Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Recovering

So this has been a long week...and it's only half over! I went to the doctor today after having chest pain that wouldn't let up. Turns out I have bruised ribs and that they probably won't start feeling better for 2+ weeks. Now most of you read that and didn't think twice, but let me reiterate. 2 WEEKS. I don't have two weeks, I don't have 2 days. My two little munchkins are quite rambunctious and if I can't contain them with brute force, well then I can't contain them :( Unfortunately this means I have to bite through the pain and do it anyway. Which also probably means I won't heal as fast. Hopefully the long holiday weekend with Corey home will help me to rest a little bit more.

Potty training Lola has been going really well. She is almost completely pee trained! About 10 days ago, she was standing by the sliding glass door in the kitchen as I was making lunch. All of the sudden she starts yelling and jumping up and down screaming " I don't want to pee!" (which I now understand as saying "I don't want to pee my pants" :) So I took her to the potty and she went! She has going ever since :) Except for some reason, she seems to have accidents on Friday, I am not sure if she has decided to take that day off or what.
Unfortunately she is not as trained for #2. She is absolutely refusing to go on the potty. She will go ANYWHERE else. (her underwear, the floor, you name it.) I even came up with an awesome bribe that we quickly dubbed "poop presents". We bought 3 princess dolls at Wal-mart and I told her she could have one if she poops in the potty. No go, she refuses. We have since come to sort of a schedule. When she gets ready for nap, we put on a pull-up (dubbed nap underwear) and she usually poops in that. If I don't put her in a pull-up, she poops anyway. (sooo we put her in a pull up :) I am hoping that if I back off she will just do it by herself.

Well we are hoping that I feel better for this weekend because we have a lot planned. I need to get the downstairs cleaned up and kid-proofed before the severe weather season is in full swing. I can't imagine putting the kids in the basement in it's current condition. We have dangerous objects just about everywhere. We are also hoping to get our yard in shape and get some planting done as well as going out in St Cloud to celebrate our anniversary. So you can see why I don't have 2 weeks to wait to get better ;)

It's funny how receptive kids are. Neither Corey or I have said anything to Lola about the car accident, but somehow she has picked up on it. She was around when I called my Dad after the accident happened and has heard conversation between Corey and I, but I kind of thought she was oblivious. Until she said to me "Mommy, your chest hurts because of the car crash". wow. Guess I really need to watch what I say, those little ears are listening!!

No comments: