Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Greta Mae

We had Greta's doctor appointment and we have been referred to an ENT.  All signs point to her probably getting tubes in the near future. This news brings relief, as I am sick of her being on antibiotics constantly and being in pain. The unfortunate side is that she is currently in pain and we have to wait 9 days to see the ENT and once we have that out of the way there will be more waiting for the actual surgery. Which means there will be more ear infections and more pain.  After I realized her eardrum had ruptured, I started thinking about the last week and about the signs that I missed. She was still sleeping through the night, but her formula intake has decreased and she just doesn't seem content. I think I was hoping it was just teething, but now I am pretty sure it was ears. I guess we'll just have to be patient and keep her as comfortable as we can until her appointment. All I want for mothers day is two happy healthy kids :(

Anyway besides that depressing news, the rest of the day went well.
I got the opportunity to go to the salon for my birthday (thanks mom and dad!) and got my hair did.;) It's nice to feel more "put together". I love the lift that spending a little time on yourself gives. Also, this evening my dad took me to "Fast Five". Nobody in that movie is going to win an oscar, but it certainly gets your adrenaline pumping (easy on the eyes as well!).

This next week I am hoping to crack down on the potty training. Miss Lola is ready, I do believe, and I think we'll see if we can't get her to start telling me when she has to go. As with everything, I am researching the subject to death. I find the more information you have to go on, the better prepared you will be for any situation. Hopefully with information and a little adapting to Lola's personality we can get some results. I have decided that we will stay home all week to accomplish this, which is probably going to be my biggest challenge. I know around Tuesday afternoon I will start getting stir crazy. Maybe that will motivate Lola as well, she loves to get out and about just as much as I do.

Isn't it funny how perceptive kids are? Lola told me today that "you love Greta Mae" and I said "yes,  I love my Greta and my Lola". She says "Lola and Greta love Mommy too!" Such a nice reminder!

Happy Mothers Day!




No comments: