Monday, May 2, 2011

Mama took a day off ;)

Brrrr! What's up with this November weather in May? Ugh. Go away! This cloudiness makes my girls crabby and then they fight and hurt each other. Which in turn makes ME want to hurt someone! I hope the good weather is on it's way so we can get outside and release some of this pent up energy.

I've been using my energy to get some spring cleaning done. I suddenly have the urge to THROW! I want to just throw everything that I haven't used this month in the trash, I am soooo sick of clutter. Hoping to have a garage sale later this month to remove some of the extra junk. I decided to get rid of all the baby girl clothes I have. (read into that what you may ;) ) The rest of the cleaning I have done has been less than glamorous. Yesterday I decided to tackle the "booger wall". Yes really. Lola is disgusting and during nap and bedtime she picks her nose and wipes it on her wall. One day when getting her bed made, I looked over and almost threw up. Yuck. I actually decided to google on how to clean them up because my first attempt only resulted in chipped paint. Surprise Surprise (or not, because come on, its google) there were plenty of people with the same problem. The solution? Take a wad of toilet paper, get it wet, then pull of small spit balls and place them on the bogies. Wait a few minutes and wipe away! The wetness softens them up and off them come, without taking the paint with them. Genius. I was very glad to get that taken care of, I hope maybe it will stay clean for awhile since the germy cold season should be gone shortly.

One of my most favorite cleaning activities is for sure laundry. I don't know why, but I love fresh clean laundry. For example, the prettiest sight in my home this morning was this-

My CLEAN diaper stash, all folded and nice in the drawer.
Then this....



The girls closet full of CLEAN clothes.

Ok, I am a dork and I know it. I love clean laundry. Especially clean NEW laundry.  On Saturday I hit the garage sales at the civic center and brought home 3 full bags of clothes for Lola. We desperatley needed 3T clothes for her and now I am all stocked up, even got some 4's awaiting! I bought plenty of dresses because it seems like she is always asking for those. I ended up having to go to Walmart and get more hangers because I ran out! Such a good feeling to have a full clean closet of clothes to choose from. I really only did my shopping for Lola as Greta wears mostly hand me downs. I am hoping the weather warms up soon because she is starting to wear 12 month clothes and Lola only really wore those in the summertime, so our options are limited.

Anyway, this weekend was a much needed break for myself. Friday evening I left Corey and the girls for a scrapbooking get-away. It was nice to get a break from diapers, bottles, potties and library books ;) I didn't get as much accomplished on the girls scrapbooks as I wanted but I had fun and got a little bit done anyway. Another little project I worked on, was an idea stolen from Land of Nod (http://www.thelandofnod.com/)



It was simple to do and takes up a lot of space that I needed to fill. Plus totally replacable if broken. I had been wanting to create that for awhile so I was glad to cross it off my list. (Its way cuter up close because the letters are hanging from little clothes pins ;)

I'll end this post wiht a cute moment from our house. Last night I was trying to give Greta a bottle but she was being fussy and wiggly wormy. So I set her down on the floor and Lola and I were on the couch. Lola leaned down to the floor and said "Greta! Come here!" and tapped her hands on the couch. Greta came over to us and Lola said "I want to hold her" and held out her arms. So I picked Greta up and laid her on her back in Lola's arms. It was so cute to see Greta who is almost as big as Lola laying in her big sisters arms and gazing up into her eyes! So sweet, I wished I had a camera! That moment was quickly dashed when Greta grabbed a chunk of Lola's hair. oh well it was sweet while it lasted! :)

No comments: