Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Healthy soon, we hope

So I apologize right off the bat if this post is hard to understand. I am currently in a Dayquil induced haze and my thoughts are quite sporadic. I am guessing my writing/typing skills may suffer as well.

Anyway, yesterday we had Greta's ENT appointment (thanks to a cancellation, we got in 5 days early!). Everything went well, the doctor looked in her ears and although currently she doesn't have an infection, he said he could see some damage had been done to her right ear drum. He didn't think there was any permanent damage or hearing loss, but he thought tubes would be our best bet. He also commented that she had a lot of teeth yet to come in, and with teeth comes ear infections lots of times. (Did my ears decieve me??? did a DOCTOR really connect teeth and ear infections!?!? Yes, believe me, he did!)
So he told us tubes would be quick and easy procedure. No IV, no anethesia, in and out. Back to normal by the end of the day. I was sold and ready to get it done. The nurse said they had a cancellation and that we could get her in on Friday. (Must be our lucky week!) So we had our pre-op appointment today and everything is good to go. We'll get our surgery time on Wednesday and Friday is the big day. I will be happy to have this done so we can concentrate on other things than antibiotics, diarrhea and ear drainage ;)

We are full swing into potty training mode and it has been successful! Only one accident yesterday. Unfortunatley it was a messy one. yay. Lola hasn't quite figured out how to go #2 on the potty and she went in her underwear. So I was pulling off her underwear and out fell the mess. Not so bad, I can clean that up. Until she STEPPED in it. Ugh. Seriously. So that was not fun, but other than that, she went #1 in the potty several time and stayed dry! Of course, I was having her sit on the potty every hour and a half. We haven't quite got her to ask to use the potty herself. I think I will quit reminding her and see if she catches on.

I know I said that I was going to stick close to home during potty training, but that didn't really pan out. First of all we had Greta's ENT appointment, so Lola went to Grammy's for the morning. She did fine there and went on the potty with no accidents. Today we had the pre-op appointment with our regular doctor. This time I took Lola with us. I made sure she went on the potty before we left the house and once before we left the doctors office. Then we went grocery shopping and made a quick stop to Corey's work to drop him some lunch. We managed to stay dry and have no accidents the whole time. wahoo! Hopefully this continues, because my piddle pad for the carseat hasn't come yet and I am really tempting fate by letting her ride in her carseat without any back up ;)

Not much else is new except for my horrible cold. I haven't been sick all winter, so I guess I was due. I just want to lay down on the couch and do nothing, but unfortunatley mommy doesn't get sick days. My house has definitley seen better days. I am now going to take advantage of nap time and get some rest.

Before I go, I'll share a potty training story with you. It's probably much less funny when you aren't hopped up on Dayquil.

Yesterday I told Lola "Make sure to tell me when you gotta go so that you don't pee all over Belle" (her underwear had Beauty and the Beast on it)
"She's not a mermaid like Ariel, so she might drown"

Lola "Not funny mom"

No comments: