Let me back up. We were trying to find the restaurant we were supposed to meet the rest of our group at. We were supposed to go east on a certain road, and well, we didn't know which direction east exactly was. So we took a left, hoping that was east. We went a half a block and the neighborhood just looked wrong, so we flipped a u-turn and went back the way we came. We were going through a green light, and I was looking at the map, thinking I was missing something. All of the sudden I hear my mom yell "no, no no!" and I look up at the very moment a large pickup slammed head on into our car. I never realized this before, but it is almost exactly like in the movies. The car is coming at you in slow motion. Everything is just frozen. Until the impact, the noise, the shattering of plastic... and then time speeds right back up and its chaos. After the impact, my seat belt was still locked around me, and I freaked out. I kept yelling to my mom that I couldn't breathe. For some reason there was a plastic piece of debris in my hand and I couldn't figure out what it was. My mom then realized that the car was smoking and that we were sitting in the middle of a busy intersection. She unbuckled my seat belt and told me we had to get of the car. I think I was in shock at this point, because I remember wondering if my body would listen to me and get up. Thankfully it did. I found my phone and purse and we stood on the side of the road in the rain and called the police. The rest is mostly a blur, nice policeman, nice EMT's and being so grateful that Sara was there for us. Thankfully we are OK. The EMT's said had we not been wearing our seat belts, we would have been very messed up. They checked us over, made sure that our chest pain was just from the seat belt's. (and let me tell you, it is PAINFUL) The seat belt did it's job and kept us in the car, but not without some battle wounds. Many bruises, bumps, swollen muscles and burn marks. The car, we nicknamed old blue, or little blue, did not fair nearly as well :(





1 comment:
That is very very scary. I am so glad you both are okay!! Yikes.
Post a Comment