Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Easter

It's snowing here. again. Its almost may and yet it still insists on snowing. Ugh. I am so thankful that Monday was nice and sunny so that Lola and I could get outside and enjoy the day. Hoping that the end of the week proves to be more "spring" like.

Easter weekend came and went very quickly. We had 3 Easter celebrations total. 2 on Saturday and one on Sunday. Saturday morning we headed to Corey's parents house, where the girls enjoyed their Easter baskets, some Easter eggs and Greta enjoyed a nice brunch. I say Greta because for some reason Lola doesn't like to eat much when in big groups. I don't know if its the excitement of all the people or what, but she ate next to nothing both days. I on the other hand, ate enough for the two of us and then some.




We then went home to let the girls nap (and the grown ups bottled beer, a story for another time). When they awoke, we traveled on to my parents house. Where there was more Easter baskets, more eggs and more eating for most of us.






We then left pretty early to go home and do baths and get ready for church the next morning. I was SO excited to get the girls dressed in their Easter dresses! Unfortunately they didn't cooperate that well when it came time for picture taking, but I think you can kind of get the idea ;)
They did well in church and then we made a quick stop to visit Great Grandma Jean. Them zoomed over to Sharon's for another Easter celebration and an afternoon to relax.








On Saturday Greta was being a little crabby and pulling at her right ear. I was worried it might be the return of an ear infection. Saturday night she didn't sleep well at all and ended up in bed with us. I knew I had to call the doctor right away Monday. The something puzzling happened. She slept all night  Sunday. But when she woke up Monday she was cranky and pulled at her ear and went back down for a hour and a half morning nap (SO unlike her) so I was stumped. I called the doctor and explained the situation and he prescribed her antibiotics over the phone. The last thing I wanted to do was get her on antibiotics if she didn't need them, so I waited. Hoping maybe the crabbiness would just disappear and a tooth might pop out and explain the whole thing. She continued to be crabby during the day and sleep wonderfully at night. Every time I tried looking in her ear with the otoscope there was just too much wax. Finally Tuesday morning I put Garlic Oil in it and by Thursday night I could see a VERY red ear drum. We promptly started the antibiotics and have added some probiotics to her bottles to hopefully prevent the yeast rash. Wait and see I guess...so strange for her to be sleeping well, but I will take it without complaints!

Greta is so close to walking. She has started standing up by herself in the middle of the floor without holding onto anything and she can really cruise when holding on to someones fingers. I would guess she will be walking before her first birthday. Sort of a relief to me, because it will be much easier to take her outside now.

Today we got our antiquities pictures back and they are super cute!
This picture makes me laugh because it captures their personalities so well. Greta is just being a happy go lucky sweetheart and Lola is very suspicious of the whole thing. Pretty much sums up my two girls ;)



No comments: