Sunday, April 10, 2011

We might be going hat shopping ;)

ARgghh two year olds. Lola gave herself a haircut on Saturday :(

Notice the large chunk of bangs that are missing... ipes.

It all started Saturday morning. We were heading into get the girls Antiquities pictures taken and I wanted to trim Lola's bangs beforehand. I trimmed them up and set the scissor on the counter. Corey was playing with the girls and I headed in to the shower. The morning went fine, we had fun with the pictures, went to the CCS auction and went home and napped. After nap, Lola was playing at the kitchen counter with play-doh. She kept dropping little bits and Corey was picking them up trying to keep them out of Greta's mouth. He was on the floor and commented that he didn't realize I had cut that much of Lola's hair. I looked at a few big chunks and realized... I didn't. I told him as much and he said, "she must have done it" and then confessed that she had gotten hold of the scissor while I was in the shower, but he didn't think she had used it. Sure enough I looked at her hair and there are some short spiky ends up in front by her bangs. Luckily you can kind of sweep the hair around to disguise it, thus the reason we didn't realize for 6+ hours, that it had been done. Chalk it up to something that pretty much all parents have to deal with. I think every kid I know has given themselves a haircut or had one given to them by a sibling (Ahem, Jeff).

Corey left this morning for a work trip and already things are hectic. Both girls have runny noses and Greta is still not over her double ear infection. She is on much stronger antibiotics, so I hope they will kick in soon. She has slept horribly the last few nights and I am beyond exhausted. She is inconsolable and even when I bring her into bed with me, her sleep is disturbed by crying and thrashing. Poor baby. Her appetite isn't too great either, which isn't helping her with my weight gain mission.

Spring is here! Unfortunatley it's showing itself in rain. It is nice that the grass has greened up a bit, but the percipitation is making my muscles ache like crazy. That combined with no sleep is not good. Hopefully the sun will pop out soon and we can all start to feel better. I feel like this winter has been one cold or ear infection or sinus infection after another. Bring on the summer heat that kills all these nasty germs!

On a sad note, the town near ours has experienced tragedy this past week. 2 teenagers committed suicide within 3 days of each other. There have been quite a few suicides for this community already this year. After I read the obituary for one of the teens, a 15 year old girl, I couldn't help but think about her mother.

Even though it is very hard to mother in a stage where your attention and time is demanded constantly, it is also a blessing to be the center of your child's world, where one hug from mommy can make everything better. I am trying to remember that each day as I am bulldozed over by my two little attention seekers. 

On a lighter note, Lola has started name calling. I probably should be disturbed by this, if it weren't for the cute names she uses. Her most favorite thing is to call someone a "nut" or a "stinky hippo". (I believe she is referring to the hippo's we saw at the PV zoo, who stank. a lot.) Hopefully she continues to use them jokingly and with family members who understand their silliness. :)


No comments: