Today I returned to the doctor. My chest pain is continuing and getting worse and my shoulder started to ache and get very tight. The pain was actually traveling down my arm and into my elbow and hand. I decided I needed to get something to help me live normally. When I got to the doctors office she had no trouble prescribing me a pain killer and muscle relaxer, but she was concerned that my chest pain wasn't getting any better. She also told me that since I wasn't taking deep breaths because of the pain, that I risked getting pneumonia. She decided that I needed to get a Chest CT done just to check things out. The nurse came in and told me that I should come back at 2:40 to have the procedure done. Unfortunately she also said that I couldn't eat or drink anything until after the CT. At this point I was really wishing I had eaten a better breakfast or grabbed a drink of water before I left :(
My mouth was already dry, and the appointment was 4+ hours away. I tried to take my mind off of the thirst/hunger with some shoe shopping and a stick of gum. I'd like to say it worked, but it didn't.
Anyway I arrived back for my CT scan and they told me that they wanted to inject some dye into my blood stream so they could get a clearer picture, so I needed an IV. I tried not to look at my arm as she put it in, because blood makes me woozy and I was already pretty dizzy from lack of water. She had no trouble finding a vein and told me that when the dye entered my body that my mouth would go dry and I would feel a warming sensation. Well my mouth was already dry, but I definitely felt the "warming sensation". Personally I would describe it more as feeling like you wet your pants. It was pretty crazy. Anyway they took the pictures and let me go home. I didn't even wait until I got to the car, before I opened up the string cheese in my purse. Best string cheese EVER :) or so it seemed.
I won't have the chest CT results until tomorrow, so the wait begins. At least at this point, I have some drugs to help make me more comfortable. Hopefully the CT is clear and I am just battling with some deep internal bruising made worse by my Fibromyalgia. Either way, the quicker this
is over the better. The pain when picking up Greta is almost unbearable. The only thing worse is coughing or sneezing- Lola gets pretty concerned when I sneeze and groan at the same time. She is being sympathetic to mommy and complaining about her own pains too. She got a nasty scabby cut on her knee that we have to "kiss and make better" about 20 times a day.
Greta is working on a top tooth! I can already see it breaking through and its gonna be a big one! :) Despite being crabby she has a new found hobby-cruising around the house with her walker/ride on toy. She loves to walk independently but hates when she gets stuck in a corner. She has been interacting with Lola a lot lately and literally wrestles on the floor with her. ahhh sisterly love (the fights are a plenty too!)

No comments:
Post a Comment