Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Doctor

We had Greta's doctor appointment this morning, and she is now currently sleeping off the memories of her shots :(. She did great though and is doing really good in all aspects. She weighs 18lbs 7 ounces, which is the 11% for weight! This is up from the 6% at her 9 month checkup. Her height is now 27.8 inches, which is the 13%, up from the 8% at her 9 month. Her noggin is at the 32%! So the little bug is growing and that is good. We got some cream for her yeast rash and we have the go to start with Rice Milk instead of formula. (We are not sure if she has a milk intolerance or not, but because of her issues with diarrhea we are holding off on cows milk) Overall, everything is going well and she is right where she should be.

On to my part of the appointment. I went over my questions about my chest CT with the doctor. He said that the larger granuloma is from a previous bout of pneumonia and is like scar tissue and will stay there. The other 3 spots are pretty small and appear to be calcification's. He does not know why or how they got there, but they shouldn't affect me at all. He does want to do a follow up CT in a year to make sure they haven't grown or multiplied. He said my chance of cancer because of my age and the fact that I am not a smoker is less than 1 percent so they are not worried, but it doesn't hurt to keep an eye on it anyway.  I was satisfied with these answers and will forget about those stupid little things for now.

Now that the worrisome things are out of the way, I am ready to enjoy the day. My little Greta will be getting a cupcake when she wakes up from nap, and I am so excited to see her shove it in her face ;). If it is not to windy we might go outside and play in the new sand/water table we have and enjoy the heat while it's here!

All the running around this morning has worn me out, and I have been cuddling my little one year old a little too much. I will be very glad when it is 8pm and both kids are asleep and I can crash on the couch and catch up on the Bachelor (my favorite guilty pleasure). This week is pretty hectic with doctors appointments (we have a follow up with the ENT on Thursday) and getting ready for her party on Sunday.


No comments: