Wednesday, June 15, 2011

just us girls

Sunday was Greta's party and everything went just great. She had a blast being the center of attention and she got just the right amount of toys (to make her and Lola happy) and clothes (to make Mama happy!). She got to eat some more cake and frosting which I think was her favorite part. (I have to agree, I had 3 pieces!) I was satisfied with how the cake turned out even though I had my doubts.




the cake
 




From my last post, you know things were a little crazy in this household while I was trying to decorate the cake. At one point I asked Corey how it looked and he said "fine", which really shot my confidence. I was very happy to have many compliments on it later. I am hoping for Lola's birthday to attempt to cover an entire cake in fondant instead of just the accents. We'll see how crazy life is at that time!


Anyway Greta had a great time at her party and Lola did too. Lola has really enjoyed trying out all of Greta's new toys, and there is enough of them that I can distract one or the other so we don't have problems sharing. Lola is really having trouble with the sharing now that Greta is so mobile. The worst part is that Greta really loves to rub it in. She is able to crawl up on Lola's bed now and loves to roll around in the blankets just because she knows it drives Lola crazy. She just giggles and gets this look in her eye ;)

"Poop Presents"
Lola is doing better after her weekend of cleaning out her system. She is still supposed to be taking a half a cap of miralax every day.  Unfortunately we haven't had any action in a few days, so a call into the doctor might be in order. I really hope we don't have to revert to the previous solution. I am still trying to catch up on the laundry from that. I bought a few more "poop presents" this week and am hoping they will help her. I am unsure whether the whole thing is physical or a mental thing. The doctor believes its physical and we'll cling to that for now.

This weekend Corey is going hunting in ND with my dad and brother. While he is gone we have plenty of fun things planned, including a garage sale at my sister in laws. I went through as much stuff as I could and really didn't find much! I have plenty of baby girl clothes to get rid of, but not much else. I don't know if I am just not in the mood to purge or if I have purged everything already! I am really ready to get rid of the 5 full containers of clothes that do not fit the girls. I know there is a possibility that I could need these clothes in the future, but I really feel the urge to get rid of it all. Hopefully it doesn't come back to bite me ;)

The past week I haven't had very much chest pain from the accident at all and have started decreasing my pain medicine. Unfortunately my fibromyalgia has started flaring up again, which is not pleasant. I can't tell if it is from the accident trauma or if it is from the crazy weather. This morning while I was in the shower washing my hair, I literally had to stop and sit down for awhile because I was so tired. I tried explaining it to Corey as feeling like you do after you push your body to the maximum and feel you can't go on. Getting that feeling just from shampooing your hair is not fun. Especially when I had 2 girls to get fed, dressed and to daycare. Luckily it was a daycare day and I was able to spend most of the day behind a desk. If I had been home with the girls today, I believe the couch and multiple of Disney movies would have been in our future ;)

putting stuff in her mouth
I am hoping the weather clears up soon so that Lola and Greta can start enjoying some of their new outdoor toys. A sand/water table and a playhouse are calling to them from the patio. I still struggle bringing Greta outside, because every time I set her down, it isn't more than 5 seconds before something is going into her mouth. It doesn't matter if its twigs, rocks or ants,(goo) it goes in her mouth.  I was hoping she would be walking more by now and be less interested in everything on the ground. She does walk more, but crawling is still her preferred mode of transportation (especially if your looking at her ;). I guess I will just have to keep a close eye on her and just enjoy the nice weather (that is IF we ever get any :P)

No comments: