So today is over, but its still kind of dragging on. I am not tired enough to go to sleep so I am up rambling on here.
On friday I took Lola to the doctor because she had been complaining her stomache hurt. She kind of complains a lot, but when she stopped in the middle of playing to tell me her stomache hurt, I noticed. When she woke up in the middle of the night saying her stomache hurt, I made an appointment. So the doctor decided she needed blood work, xrays and a stool sample. (yay). First was the blood work. She did fabulous, barely even cried when they poked her, and watched fascinated as the blood went into the vial.Next X-ray, not a problem there, she even got to peek at me through the window as the picture was being taken. We went back to the exam room to wait for the results. When we got back into the room, the doctor opened up the xray films and called me over. This, he said, is her stomach, and this over here (he said as he pointed to a shady area) is poop. Then he pointed to the top of the x-ray, to both sides and to the bottom, and he said "that's all poop". He then turned around and looked at Lola and said "Why, she's FOS!" Then we all laughed and even Lola laughed ;).
So we ended up having to give her a 32 oz Gatorade with 7 capfulls of miralax in it. Twice.
I cannot tell you how unprepared for this i was. I mean, really. I also cannot tell you how many pull ups we have thrown away in the last 48 hours, or how many towels, pairs of pants and pajamas are now soaking in the laundry room. Let's just say that this was MESSY business. Hopefully we have her all cleaned out, because I have had enough! And I am pretty sure Lola has too. Not to mention while I was dealing with all her "crap" (literally and figuratively) I was also trying to clean the house and get food ready for Greta's party. Needless to say I am exhausted. Poor girl, I hope that she will feel better soon and we can get back to normal.
I spent a good 3 hours on Greta's cake today. I enjoyed playing around with it but am a bit frustrated. Not only was I interrupted several times, but I also was working with limited tools (play doh cutters!). Some day I would like to try covering a whole cake in fondant, but I would definitely need an empty house when attempting that!
Anyway, it turned out as best as I could hope, and I am looking forward to EATING it :) cuz that is what really matters the most!
Happy Birthday to my sweet Greta Mae, I am so excited for her to enjoy her day tomorrow :)

No comments:
Post a Comment