Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The days are slow, but the months fly by

I feel the need to update the blog, even though I don't feel like a lot has happened. Or maybe, not alot of GOOD things have happened, or funny things, but whatever. This blog is meant to be a) a way for family/friends to stay connected to our family and b) a very unconventional baby book for my girls someday...that being said, I will try to include the not so good things and unfunny things some times as well. 

We made it through the weekend without our daddy, (both the girls, and mine!) but just barely. It was a crazy weekend with the garage sale and on thursday I started getting a sore throat. The rest of the weekend I had a nasty headache and on Saturday night it got pretty bad. I hadn't been sleeping well and felt like I had barely been at home all weekend. When we finally pulled into the driveway and walked up the stairs to the kitchen at about noon on Saturday, I literally broke down in tears. I felt so miserable, the house was such a mess and I knew I had a whole day of "mothering" ahead of me, with zero energy. I honestly don't know how I made it through that day. I know I had several bouts of crying fits because I felt so miserable and tired and awful and I couldn't relax. I tried putting on the Little Mermaid for Lola but Greta was still being a terror. She was teething, and crying and picking on Lola and the afternoon dragged and dragged. I thought I would get a break at naptime, but Lola wouldn't go down and when she finally did, she was up a mere hour later. The day finally wound down and I put the girls to bed (earlier than normal!!). I poured myself a glass of wine and put in The Sound of Music and watched it for the first time. I was really glad to have that time to myself and was happy when I headed off to bed at 10:30 feeling very tired and ready for a good night sleep. Unfortunatley I tossed and turned all night long, and felt like I didn't get a wink of sleep. Lola woke up at 6:30 and the day began. Luckily I felt quite a bit better on Sunday and made it through church and naptime and had a nice visit with my in-laws, and was ever so greatful to see Corey at 7:30 that night.

It wasn't until Monday afternoon when I bent down to get a marker off of the floor and almost fainted from the pressure of my headache, when I realized. DUH, I have sinus infection. I have had dozens of them before and for some reason I was completely ignorant of all the signs of having one. Luckily a call into the doctor and I have started antibiotics today. Can't wait to feel better. The unfortunate other thing to mention, is that since the car accident (over a month ago) I have not really felt that great. The soreness of my ribs and hips has disappeared, but it has caused my fibromyalgia to flare up. I am hoping it will be short lived, but if it doesn't improve in the next month, I'll probably have to go back on about 3 or 4 medications that I haven't been on in about 4 years. I really hate to go back on perscription medication when I have been enjoying life and pill free for so long. but I also can't imagine continuing living life the way I am right now. I am hoping after I clear up the sinus infection, I will stop being so achey and some energy will return again but my fingers are crossed at this point.

Honestly some mornings I wake up and think that I am going to really struggle with the day today, but then I see Lola's smiling face and hear her sweet words and I try to pull together and make it ok. I know it will be ok and in Corey's ever so wise words, I will "fake it till I make it" :)

On the up side, we have a lot of fun adventures planned for the week, including the Willmar kiddie parade, Cars 2, Eden Valley Daze and the Calvary Drive in. Lots to look forward to and many fun events to take my mind off things. Lola enjoyed the Kandi Dandi days parade last weekend (except for the terrifyingly loud fire engine sirens) and she is super excited to be going to 2 more parades this weekend! I haven't yet had the heart to break it to her, that there is NO way she will be getting as much candy at these parades as she did in Kandiyohi ;)

No comments: