Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Summer finally

I can't believe we have already entered the month of July. Seems like we were waiting around forever for summer and it's already almost half over! We managed to sneak a bunch of summertime firsts these last two weeks and have really tried to make the most of the weather. On Thursday last week we made our first trip this summer to the Dorothy Olson Aquatic center. Although we made many trip last summer, Greta was under 3 months old and frankly never really left her carseat. I was excited to see how she would react to the water and all the activity. Lola (per usual) took a bit to warm up to swimming but eventually was splashing around and having fun. Greta (true to her nature) had no problems with the water and happily walked around exploring. She actually could use a little bit more fear than she has. Several times she wobbled and fell head first underwater,  however her only reaction was to lick her lips at the funny taste and let out a sneeze. She is definitley going to be a fish and hard one to get out of the pool. Luckily we have quite a few Thursdays left this summer for her to enjoy it.
my greta lounging

For the fourth of July, we left the girls with Grandparents (both sets!) and Corey and I headed to Target field for the Twins game. We sent one tube of sunscreen with Lola to the Spicer parade, and one with Greta to the camper. We realized a little too late, that it left us without! We really enjoyed the nice weather and a great game, but I am suffering today. I have horrible burns on my upper legs and shoulders (somehow Corey managed to avoid it) and am trying to teach Lola that THIS is painful and the reason why I slather her with "sunscream" anytime she goes outside. Despite the burn, I really enjoyed the game and some one on one time with Corey. A normally boring 2 hour drive to the stadium was actually a great time for us to catch up and have a conversation that was not interrupted by "Mommy, what are you doing?".

not from the twins game- it was to hot for pictures!
On a side note, I discovered the return of the "booger wall". :( I can't figure out just what to tell Lola to quit this disgusting habit. In all honesty I am not entirely sure that she is even awake when she is doing it. Wondering if the only remedy is to put a peice of plexi-glass on her wall ;)

the return of the "booger wall"

No comments: