So here is the update on Lola. We started the Mineral Oil on Wednesday of last week. I was totally prepared to force it down her throat becuase I heard it tasted awful. When I opened up the bottle, I found a sweet maple syrup and vanilla like scent. I took my chances and decided to disguise it in milk, the one thing that the girl will lap up without too many questions. I put in 1 tablespoon at first to see how it went. She chugged it down and asked for more. She even tells me she likes that "kind of milk". well, that made that part easy! She ended up being on 6 tablespoons of mineral oil and a cap of miralax a day for 5 days. Let me just say that while getting the mineral oil into her was not so dramatic. The getting it out part was indeed. The week consisted of many many screaming fits, and getting on and off of the potty and some memorable blow outs. All in all, it was an awful week. Friday was probably the worst, I just couldn't wait for Corey to get home. I needed my sanity! I really had wanted to take everyone to the relay for life that night, but it was clear that Miss Lola would not be going anywhere. We couldn't even take her for a walk out to the yard without minutes later running back to a potty. So when we got to Monday for the x-ray, i dragged Corey with me. I thought that the doctor would look at the film and tell me what we should do and I wanted both of us to hear it because Corey's camping trip may have depended on it. Xray was done and we went to talk to the Doctor. Except the Nurse informs me that the doctor is out today, but will be back in tomorrow and will read the films and call me. So we all sort of saunter out of the office feeling like we got no where and we have to wait again. Lola screamed some more monday night and had a good blow out. She continued screaming Tuesday and had just taken a minor break when the phone rang. The nurse informed me that the doctor had taken a look at the xray and only a normal amount of stool was present at the time. so YAY! Small Intestine is all clear. She says to me "you should be good to go". So I hang up the phone and peer back at Lola, and as if on cue she starts screaming " I have to go potty!??!?!?!? It hurts it hurts!" Like a thousand times. So Corey is happy that he leaving on his camping trip and I am stuck in the potty with the potty monster for the next 5 days, Now in all honesty I believe the screaming has gotten marginally better. She still does it though... so now I am wondering if the miralax could be causing some of those issues. Cutting back her dose might be easier on her body and not cause the pain (which I can only interpet as urges or cramps) Or switching to Benefiber over Miralax might be tried just to see. At the urge of some friends, I have started adding probiotics to her milk as well, just to make sure she has some proper digestion aid. We'll see how it all pans out. If she contines screaming for another week after we have all her meds straightened out, then we will go back to the doctor for another visit and hope we can figure this whole thing out!
On a side note. I hate my phone. I literally want to throw it out a window. It is super slow and old and has a mind of its own. So I appologize to anybody out there who were on the receiving end of any "butt dialling" by my phone. I also sympathize with you if the voices you heard during the call were Lola and I discussing poo. Or other poo related things. If you want to block my number now, I'll totally understand. Also text messages don't come through or if they do, they come in and don't alert me, so I miss them altogether. So please don't think I am a horrible person ignoring you. Just blame my phone and email me instead. At least my email app is still reliable. My contract should be up in a few short months, so bear with me ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment