The results of my Chest CT came in on Friday. I was in the car with the girlie's and my mom after visiting Grandma in the nursing home. It was a little chaotic so the phone call is not that clear in my memory, but here is the jist of it. She explained that they did not see any large fractures in any of my ribs or my sternum, so that it appears just to be deep internal bruising and swelling. She asked me to try to limit my lifting and using the muscles in my chest as much as possible so they can have time to heal. It is good news that I don't have any fractures, but it is very troublesome not to lift things. Greta has to be lifted at least a dozen times a day, but I am trying to find creative ways to do things without lifting her. After that bit of news, she said that they had also found something else in the CT. The scan showed that I have a few "nodules" on my lungs. She explained that these can be tumors, or calcium deposits. The nodules are small, about 4 mm around. She explained that since they are small, that they wouldn't biopsy them or do another scan, but that I need to come in right away if I develop a persistent cough or am coughing up colored mucus. She then asked me if I had any questions.. but digesting that information was all I could do at the time, so I told her no and hung up. Later, after thinking about everything she said and doing some research on the Internet, I decided I did indeed have A LOT of questions-- How did they get there? Were they from the accident? Will they go away? Why aren't we biopsying them anyway? Why wouldn't we just do another CT in a few months to make sure they aren't growing? Will they effect my breathing? How can I get rid of them?
Luckily Greta has her one year appointment on her birthday (tomorrow). Because she is seeing our regular doctor, I decided that I will just present him with those questions when we see him them. He knows my health history better and can hopefully put my mind at ease. I advise NOT doing any research about nodules in your lungs via Google, as it set me off in panic mode. I decided I better just stick to the facts of the doctor I trust, instead of website of unknown credibility.
As I said before, Greta turns one tomorrow!! We are excited to be spending the day with my niece and nephew, as they are coming to our house every Tuesday this summer. Hopefully we can get out and do something fun for her, while Corey is away at class. The real party is on Sunday. Unfortunately because I haven't been feeling the greatest we are scaling back the festivities. I am still hoping to make her a cake though, I love being creative with frosting!
Lately Greta has been cruising around the house on anything that moves, she pushes a chair, a shopping cart, a ride on toy or whatever in front of her as she walks. Its totally adorable to watch her follow Lola around. I can't wait til she drops the "crutch" and walks on her own! Especially for when we go outside, her poor little knees take quite a beating on the pavement and patio. We purchased her birthday present last week and picked it up on Friday. We decided she needed more activities she could do outdoors, so we bought a sand and water table. It's all set up to be used, now I just have to get them outside to try it! I think both girls will have a blast with it, its also a nice way for them to keep cool without having to watch them like a hawk in the swimming pool.
This Saturday I was supposed to go to ValleyFair with my niece Mickenzie. After the phone call from my doctor, I decided it probably wasn't a good idea to ride in the car for 2 hours and attempt to go on roller coasters that jerk and bump you all around, so I skipped it. Instead, Corey and I decided that I would try to minimize all my lifting on Saturday and see if my pain lessened. I basically didn't do anything on Saturday ;) Corey made me breakfast, we went for a walk, I did some shopping and watched a movie. No lifting made a BIG difference, I felt pretty good Saturday evening. I limited it Sunday too and felt much better. Unfortunately I can't eliminate lifting during the day when it is just my girls and I, but I will try to keep it to a minimum.
So I am pretty sure that my Lola hast turned into Dora. This morning when Dora came on, Diego was in the cartoon as well. She pointed to him and said "That's my cousin, Diego". Then later when she was eating her mac n cheese, she said "oh mom, this is so so bueno" :) Pretty soon she'll know more Spanish than her dad (who took 5 years in high school!!)
No comments:
Post a Comment