Happy Thanksgiving! Or late thanksgiving :) It went by so fast I can barely believe it! Seems like I am always commenting on how time flies. I just can't quite grasp it. We had a great Thanksgiving, and thanksgiving weekend. On Wednesday, Greta and I went to the cities with my parents and had a fun day out. Thursday was traditional Turkey fixings at my parents and then a movie (Tangled) then dessert with Corey's family. Friday morning I got up at 5 to feed Greta and it timed perfectly to head out for some shopping. I went to Menards to get some storage for the girls toyroom. I was so pumped to find a cube storage system with 6 fabric bins for only 40 bucks! Totally worth going out in the cold. Unfortunatley I was not quick enough to score a cart to carry my treasures and ended up lugging them to the checkout lane. Needless to say the next morning my biceps hurt so badly it was difficult to lift Greta. (aggrevated by some late night Beatles Rockband play). I also got a Christmas present early, a Keurig coffee maker, which I am totally in love with. We decided not to make me wait to open it until Christmas because both Corey and I wanted coffee so badly :)
Lola and Corey got outside today and played in the snow. She attempted to play in it on Thursday but it was so freezing that Corey made her come in. I don't think she noticed the temperature, but her cheeks were bright red, poor thing.
Lola continues to be pretty obsessed with Santa, I am not sure where she heard all about him, but anyone with a beard is Santa. When we saw him in the mall on Saturday she made a point to avoid him, so not sure if we will try to get pictures with him this year or not. She continues to put up a huge stink when its time for nap or bed. You'd think that she would get the pattern. Every day between 12:30 and 1:30, you WILL be put down for a nap and every night at about 8PM you WILL be put to bed for the night. But continually every night and naptime she is shocked when we try to put her to sleep. She definitley keeps you on your toes. Just when you think she is in a pattern she comes up with something new to surprise you. She started asking for her pacifier again, out of nowhere. She hasn't had it in about 3 months, but for some reason she started missing it again. Hopefully it will pass, I am running out of good excuses ;)
Greta is pretty much sitting up now, she plays for short intervals while sitting. Most of the time she flips herself over on to her stomach, her favorite position to be in. She has an ingrown toenail and some crazy skin issues and is probably teething. Her skin issues are getting so bad that I pretty much lather her head-to-toe in Vaseline every night (for the dry skin) Sometimes the skin splits right open. Between that and her razor sharp finger nails she looks pretty banged up. I actually resorts to cloth wipes to help her skin after some nasty rashes and dry spots. I NEVER thought I would convert to cloth wipes, but never say never. I didn't switch to them to be eco-friendly even, but hopefully they won't be too big of a hassle. Greta's 6 month appointment is coming up and hopefully then we'll get some extra help for her skin.
Greta also started on some baby food recently. She took very well to it and I can tell she just WAITS for me to feed her solids. She has tried cereal, avacados, apples, bananas and most recently carrots. For some reason she favor the avacados and the carrots to the sweet fruits. I am not complaining because her sister is the opposite (IF I can get her to eat anything... for supper tonight she had a quarter of a carrot and about 4 crackers).
I'll leave this post with two hilarious conversations we've had with Lola lately-
1) Lola was sitting on the couch and she says to Corey, "Dr. Tony is on TV!!!" Corey says, "I don't think Dr. Tony is on TV".. she pauses for a moment and says "how bout elmo?"
2) Lola was standing by Corey and I, pretending to eat her fake ice cream cone. All of the sudden she whips it across the room and yells "Now NO-ONE can have ice cream!" and laughs this evil laugh "hahhahaha!!!". (I am pretty sure she was pretending to be Swiper the fox. This was probably the most hilarious thing she did all week, besides when she hit me in the tooth with a finger nail clipper- and that is a story for another time.)

No comments:
Post a Comment