Saturday, December 4, 2010

Life.. in general

Life  moves so fast! I can't make it slow done. Every moment, every day. Blink and its gone. Sometimes it seems like Lola will never grow up and understand that she can't stay in the bathtub indefinitley or watch Dora all day everday, but most days I blink and I am putting my babies to bed! 

 Corey is going away this weekend for a guys weekend and I started planning all this stuff I should do while he is gone, things to keep me busy and make the weekend go faster. Guess what? I'm not making any plans. Life goes way to fast and almost every night I wish I had a little more one on one time with my girls, and this is the perfect way to get it. (wonder if my next blog post will be titled "GET ME OUTTA HERE! :) )

We put up the christmas tree and it looks really good. Corey talked me into colored lights this year and Greta really loved them. She stared at them for some time.



She is really starting to get a little personality- it's so cute. She has tons of expressions and recently started wrinkling up her nose, which is totally adorable.


Excited to announce that Munchie had her baby! She told me she was being induced on Friday and I was beyond excited. I told myself that I shouldn't expect to hear anything until at least 3pm. Well 3pm came and went and it was driving me NUTS! At 8pm I asked Corey if it would be alright to text her. He said "NO"- and reminded me how long Lola's labor lasted and if we had "time" for texts. I knew he was right, but I didn't like it. Finally at 11pm I went to bed, settling for hearing the big news the next day. I broke down and texted her at 7:30 am. (I know!! I apologized for it being so early!!!) She had baby Natalie Jo at 10:44pm on Dec 3rd. So excited for her and Curt. Yay! It's been a long process but she is finally a mommy! (and I know she'll be a great one). Wished we lived closer or it was easier to visit. Taking Lola in a 2 hr car ride and expecting her to behave when we get there is NOT going to happen. I'll have to settle for seeing her in a few weeks, probably better, the business will have died down for her. I'd like to point out here, that I thought she was having a boy- I ALWAYS think its going to be a boy, for everyone. I have never thought anyone is having a girl ;) Someday maybe I'll be right. I have a 50-50 chance right?  ;)


Things overheard in our house today:

"Lola can you say Asphyxicate?"

"Rose is one of those cats where, if you were really old and alone and died in your house- she would eat you."

"L-l-loooolaaa, Mmmmmommma, Ddddaddda, Ggggreta, Ttttoilet"

2 comments:

Russb said...

Yes, life is quick! Please enjoy the ride - and don't forget to appreciate your parents for the short time you have them! (Especially don't tell them they are going to hell!)

Nelson family blog said...

Oh come on! You know your not going to hell, plus you skipped and there weren't even any drunk people! It was pretty tame- except Lola got the box for the children sermon, so maybe the action will happen next week! Love you!