I cannot believe that it is one week til Christmas already and we are headed straight into 2011. I just started getting the hang of writing 10 in my checkbook. Speaking of the coming new year, I feel really lame this year with no New Years Eve plans. Actually the lame part is that I don't even really want to do anything. Sleep sounds much better. Maybe a glass of wine and a pair of fuzzy socks ;)
Greta is doing great sleeping through the night, but I can't get myself to bed before 11 anymore, so I still feel sleep deprived. I must work on that! Lola is also *knock on wood* been sleeping better. She still wakes up at 7am, which is early for me. (I know some other mothers that would KILL to be able to sleep that late!) Greta really is such a good baby, so patient and easy going. If I could gaurentee all my kids would be that easy, I'd have a dozen ;). (OK, maybe we couldn't actually afford a dozen but I would consider it :))
I determined today that I miss working out. I get a sporadic work out in here and there during naps sometimes, but it would be really nice to actually spend 60 minutes on an eliptical or something. With our upcoming Mexico vacation, I should make that a reality. I should also quit my anxiety filled baking binges. Seems like there is always a cookie in this house that needs to be eaten.
This week, my annoyance is poop. I deal with a lot of it. It peaked on Thursday when I changed 5, yes five, poopy diapers. That's too much poop! I know that kids do better when they choose to potty train themselves, but I almost broke down and decided to force Lola to go on the toilet. It's overwhelming. Poop in general is not that bad, but these two girls of mine, they are WIGGLE WORMS. I cannot keep them still for diaper changes and wrestling them in one position when poop is involved is on the top of my list of dreaded daily tasks. Thankfully Friday consisted of only one poopy diaper for me to change. I can handle that, and it was a much needed break. I always thought EC (Elimination communication) was a bunch of crap, but suddenly it seems appealing. A lot of work, but yet appealing. (I'm joking of course, let babies be babies and not worry about putting them on the toilet every 15 minutes. My social life sucks enough as it is!) Still, I am definitley looking forward to the day when Lola is potty trained. Less diapers to wash, less poop to handle. Enough about poop.
This week was full of ups and downs. I won't depress you with the downer parts, but the ups all included smiles, friends and family and Glee 4. I absolutley lub this cd. Cheers me up in minutes.
Another cheerful thought- it's time for my head to hit the pillow.
Night!
No comments:
Post a Comment