Another week gone in the blink of an eye! We had Greta's 6 month appointment on Tuesday and everything is looking good. We are working on some different lotions for her skin issues and I even got a diaper cream that is cloth diaper safe, so hopefully that is solved. I was quite surprised when Greta only weighed in at 14lbs 4 oz. She is up only about a pound since her last visit 2 months ago. Immediately all my fears about weight came back just like when we used to go with Lola to the doctor. Dr. Tony assured me that Greta is growing well and eating well and that she is so active that she is burning a lot of calories. Even so, I am trying to pay more attention to her cues and feeding her whenever I think she is hungry and not by a schedule. She ate 3 jars of baby food today (whew!) The doctor is right when he says she is active. She sits up very well by herself but is constantly grabbing for stuff and leans forward to flop on to her stomach. She wants so badly to crawl, she shifts her body all over the place, it kind of looks like she is doing the worm :)
I finally decided to break Greta of the swaddle blanket this week. Corey is the one who can swaddle her tight enough to keep her from escaping and with his upcoming road trip (being gone 3 nights) I figured it was time. She did great and is now swaddle free! This is a blessing because I was juuuussttt about ready to order her the next size up ;)
I remember when I was pregnant with Lola, I saw that people were registering for Video Baby Monitors for their kids. I scoffed a little thinking it was insane that people need to be so paranoid that they need an eye on their kids at all times. Open mouth, insert foot. I bought one last week. I still maintain that when a baby is in a crib, its probably not necessary. Unfortunately when there is a toddler involved who likes to slather themselves in Vicks VapoRub, its a cheaper alternative than trips to the ER. (Not that Lola has done that more than once, but there have been episodes of other disasters) I have to say, its fun and creepy all at the same time to see her on that monitor. It has night vision so we can see her moving around in the dark. It's a little disturbing to see how long it takes her to fall asleep. I was not aware how patient she really is. She usually takes about 20 min or more to drift off. Of course some nights she is up out of her bed and turning on the light before I even get downstairs to see the monitor screen. I guess the creepy side of the whole thing is that her eyes glow in the night vision, ipes. I used to love to sneak into her room after she had fallen asleep and see where she was laying and how cute she was -now I don't even have to risk waking her up! Another plus, the monitor had dual communication, so I can finally yell at her to stop jumping on the bed without opening her door and risking her escape (or a cats entrance). The first time I tested out the dual communication, she was quite confused and shocked, unfortunately it didn't last long, she is pretty much ignoring all communication now :)
So here it is Saturday night and I made it threw the weekend without Corey. It was actually pretty easy, it just felt like 3 Tuesdays in a row (the day Corey is gone all day to work and class). We didn't have anything scheduled and we spent a good amount of time just hanging around. I have to say there is nothing more amazing than watching my girls interact with each other. Lola gets down on the floor and smiles at Greta and Greta gets all excited and wiggly and they just giggle together. Its a warm fuzzy feeling that I can't quite explain and it seems to only be getting better! (Everyone assures me that this does not last, and the fighting and yelling will began shortly.)
Well that's all for now- I am off to make paper snowflakes in this fine blizzard.
No comments:
Post a Comment