Monday, November 1, 2010

Goodbye October

Another weekend has come and gone, and what a crazy one it was. We went to dinner on Saturday night at Fuji Steakhouse in St Cloud. I was kind of wary about taking that many people to a sushi/steak house, thinking that people wouldn't find something on the menu they liked. Well mainly kids not finding something. Boy were we wrong! We got to sit a the hibachi grill and watch them make our food which was amazing. The chef was humorous too, cracking jokes and doing tricks. I loved it all- except when he flipped a piece of broccoli in my eye ;) Some time during the dinner Lola started incessantly whining for crackers. I asked the waitress if she had any, because I had only brough cheerios and Lola was refusing them. The waitress came back and said all she could find was cucumber slices and ranch dressing. Ughh I was bracing myself for the worst. Lola took one look at them and started dunking them and gobbling them up. She also ate an entire fried egg, a bunch of friend rice, and a whole lot of french fries and some of my salad. This was amazing because she had eaten like 2 grapes and a cheez-it cracker since like thursday. Corey and I were heading to mpls for a halloween party and I was worried like crazy that she would stop eating alltogether, so this eased my fears. Especially the egg, who knew?

After dinner, we sent the girls home with my brother and his family and headed for the party. I knew they were in good hands and so I had no problem enjoying the evening. It was awesome to see people I haven't seen in so long! Good times and great food (way to much great food).

We hurried back home on Sunday to get the girls before nap time, so we could hopefully have good attitudes for trick or treating. Didn't go as planned. Lola took a decent nap, but woke up in a tearable strong willed mood. She refused to wear most of her costume. Threw a good 20 minute scream fest about putting pants on and getting her diaper changed. In the end, she wore sweatpants, cowboy boots and the shirt I made. She refused the jeans, the belt and the hat. She sort of looked like a hobo-cowboy. Oh well, I didn't actually have that much hope in the fact she would wear it. We had some fun trick or treating, but battled her little attitude all evening. Another few scream fests and finally she went to bed. I broke down this morning and called and made her a doctor appointment.

She hasn't slept or eaten decent in almost two weeks. I can handle it if she is just two and that is just the year we are going to have. What I can't handle is if I chalk it up to her age and something else is going on. She frequently tells me "my back hurts", "my ear hurts" and so on. I owe it to her to at least get her checked out. PLUS the other night I handed her the milk sippy cup and she took a drink and yelled "HOT" and threw her cop across the room. I thought it was because Corey had bought whole milk that wasn't organic and the taste threw her off. Not so. Later I went to the sippy cup and pulled the valve out and discovered some gunk in there. I went a little nuts and pulled all the sippy cups out of the cupboard (even the supposedly "clean" ones) and there was all manner disgusting junk in them. Apparenly the dishwasher doesn't get mold or crusties out of the valve becuase it need pressure on it, for the water to go through it. (LESSON LEARNED). So now I am a little freaked out that she has been ingesting mold for some time now. Bleach, hydrogen peroxide and dawn distergent, followed by high temp rinses, and I still kind of want to throw them away and start fresh :) Hopefully tomorrow will go ok and we will have some peace in this house.

On a lighter note, Greta has developed Lola's trademark scream, except its a scream of delight. I truely think after hearing Lola all the time, she has chosen this to be her method of communication. Its hilarious and adorable all in one ;)

Painting her pumpkin

playing together

smiles!

Looking more and more alike!

my pumpkin





cousins

jessie

tuckered out

No comments: