Parenting is funny. Everyday something happens that makes me think kids should be comedians. For instance, Lola says to me last night. "I'm trouble" and I say "yes you are, but we love you anyway" and then she says "why?" and I pause, but she says quickly "cuz I'm cute!"
Not only is it funny ha-ha, but it's also funny strange. You go into it, not having any idea whats in store for you, or how hard its going to be. Its awesome too, but you kind of realize that when you go into it, or you wouldn't do it. But when you are all pregnant with this big belly and a cute little nursery set up in your house, seldom do you think about facing hunger strikes, crying fits, night terrors, stubborn streaks and strong wills.
I think its probably a good thing you don't know what you are getting into before hand, becuase you just might not do it :)
Lola's doctor appointment last week went well, in fact it went great. She was diagnosed as being "strong willed". Yay. Actually it is a good thing, since that means there is nothing else serious going on. It's also a tough thing because I now I have to try to figure out when something is really going on, or if she is just being Lola. She caught a nasty head cold last week also, probably from the doctors office. Which is definitley not helping the sleeping or the eating. I took a new approach to her tantrums lately. Instead of getting frusterated or disapointed by her actions, I have just been letting them roll off my back, I keep talking to her in a pleasant voice and try stay upbeat. It seems to be cutting the tantrum length sometimes, but its horribly hard on my end. I might go crazy before I ever figure out if it really works. I think I'll head to the library this weekend and check out some books for advice. At least then I'll be actively trying to work through this stage, since we are only 2 months in to the "terrible two's".
Also at our doctor appointment last week, we deduced that I have mono again. Which is really not that big of a surprise since I haven't gotten more than 3 hours of consecutive sleep in 2 months or more. Greta is like clockwork now, waking up at 2:00 and 5:00 every night. I don't know what happened to the tiny baby that slept 10 to 11 hours straight, but she is long gone. Luckily we all nap when Lola naps and its become my favorite part of the day. Unfortunatley my work-out schedule as suffered (and almost disappeared) This being my 4th( or 5th?) time with mono, I'm not too concerned about it, but hopefully it disappears quickly.
Well I was going to finish with a story but I just heard a crash from Lola's room, so I'm off to investigate. It looks like she is up from her nap :)
No comments:
Post a Comment