So the last few weeks have been a little nuts, Lola has been a busy little girl! Here are a few of her latest adventures.
Adventure #1- Friday morning I woke up and realized I had a payroll to do before noon. Oops, I hurried to the computer and had almost finished it when I heard Lola on the monitor. She was just singing quietly to herself. By the time I had finished and started heading upstairs she was in a panic and pounding on the door. The second I hit the top of the stairs, I knew something was amiss. My nostrils stung with an odor. I opened her bedroom door and she glistened in the light. Uhoh. She had covered every available inch of skin with Vicks VapoRub. Her face, her hands, her feet, her hair. Everywhere. I asked her if she had eaten any of it. "Yuck" she said, as she wiped at her tongue. Great. I stuck her hands under the faucet and washed them as best I could and used a wipe to get as much off of her face as possible. Then I hauled on over to the laptop and typed "Ingesting Vicks VapoRub" into Google. Indeed it is poisonous. Then I went to the phone. Punched in the numbers for poison control and was connected to a friendly and very helpful operator that told me that Vicks is indeed "yuck" and most kids will not eat very much of it. I am told to give her a glass of something to drink and if she throws up, to call back. In the middle of this panicked conversation, the doorbell rings. I go to the door, dragging a sticky Lola with me, and open it for the DirecTv guy (awesome timing). So he sits there and waits while I try to keep Lola from touching anything and wrap up my conversation with Mike at Poison Control. I have no idea why the guy stayed in my entry-way. If I were him I would have high tailed it back to my truck. Lola and I both stank to high heaven and were still in our pajamas and covered in Vicks. It was a glorious sight. I got the DirecTv guy acquainted with our TV's and got Lola somethign to drink and put her in the bath. It took 6 (yes 6) hair washings with Dawn dish detergent to get all the vicks out. (over a period of 2 days).
Adventure #2- Saturday night we were putting Lola to bed and the whole family was in the living room. Corey went into the kitchen to get Lola some milk and I went into the toyroom quickly to get Lola's blankie. Leaving Greta and Lola in the bedroom for less than a minute. (door shut to keep the cats out). When I came back in the room Lola exclaimed. "Greta likes Cheerios!" Uhoh. I went down on all fours and looked at Greta gumming something in her mouth. I stuck my finger in there and felt a cheerio, but right when I thought I had it, she swallowed it down. Greta smiled and grabbed at Lola for another one. Choking threat passed, I had to explain to Lola that Greta doesn't have any teeth and can't eat big girl food yet. (Later we realized how confusing this is, since we have started Greta on baby cereal. Lola being so gosh darn smart, knows that Cheerios are cereal and assumed Greta was eating Cheerios now.)
Adventure #3 (a mental adventure only)
Saturday morning when Lola woke up there was a light dusting of snow on the ground. She ran to the window and exclaimed "Oh, Oh! Pretty white rain!" I explained that we actually call it snow. She nodded and was quiet for about 5 minutes (which is probably an eternity in a 2 year olds mind) She then turned to me and said "Mommy, I should get dressed before Santa comes". :)

2 comments:
Savor these days! - they are gone as fast as that first fall snow....
Haha she is soooo smart!! From the Cheerios to Santa, you have a whipper snapper of a two year old!
Post a Comment