Monday, September 27, 2010

The weekend

Whew! A whirlwind of a weekend! We had 4 kids for the majority of it and it just flew by! Kenz and Isaiah came to stay with us for Friday, Saturday and Sunday and we had a ton of fun together. Hanging out at Grandma's, going swimming, eating Subway, keeping our cool in church- it all went wonderful! Kenzie was a huge help with both girls too, it was nice to have an extra set of (willing) hands. Sadly this morning when Lola woke up, the first words out of her mouth were "Isaiah?" I had to explain to her that her cousins had gone home and back to school and she was left with boring old mommy. We managed to have fun today anyway.

Last night was a horrible evening though. We are finally developing a more reliable sleep situation without the pacifier and then Lola gets a head cold. yuck. I put Greta to bed without a swaddle blanket, thinking she was probably old enough to sleep without one and they are getting a little short for her. Unfortunatley she was NOT ready for that. Plus it was really cold and her hands were freezing. She was up like EVERY hour, and Lola was up for awhile too. That made for an exhausted mom this morning. I'll admit, I didn't hit the showers until well after 2pm. BUT I did manage to grocery shop, pick up sticks in the yard, clean the kitchen, take out the garbage and cook dinner. (not to mention the 2 hour snuggle/nap with Greta) All in a days work my friend (although I skipped working out, I figured picking up sticks would qualify for that since I had a hard time getting the energy for even that).

So it had been awhile since Greta had a messy diaper, like a LONG while. Like so long that I started packing 2 or 3 EXTRA outfits with me, everytime I left the house. So long that I refused to put a cloth diaper on her. So long that everytime she grunted I ran to her side with a hopeful look. I called the doctor and was informed that it is perfectly natural for a breastfed infant to go 2 WEEKS without a dirty diaper (what the heck!?!?). So I decided to help things a long a bit ;) I put her in the cutest one piece outfit I could find (if you are not aware, one piece outfits are AWFUL when trying to do a quick diaper change- the cute part was just challenging murphy's law- its inveitble they will mess up a really cute outfit, only minutes after you put it on) and set her in her vibrating papasan chair. Voila 45 minutes later we had some action..and I had a much happier baby. (and probably a pound or 2 lighter) lol

Well it probably time for my head to hit the pillow, even with the 2 hour nap I am having issues typing coherent sentences.

Goodnight!





No comments: