Monday, September 6, 2010

The weekend is over.. time to breathe again!

So we made it through the weekend! The festivities have ended and we are recovering. Lola's party went very well and we had great weather for the occaison. I am glad that I kept it pretty low key and it was still fun. Lola is enjoying all of her presents and the new toys are wonderful to getting her to play by herself for a little while. The cake turned out pretty good and luckily there wasn't much in the way of leftovers ;) I would definitley do fondant again, but just for an accent. It really does taste like play-doh.

The baptism went well also, Greta slept through most of the whole thing, and was jolted awake when the water was poured on her head, but she still didn't cry. We then had Laura Jill photography come take pictures of the families. Although I am sure they will turn out great, Lola threw like a total fit through all of them. I think she threw herself onto the ground and hit her head at least a dozen times. She was so tired and overdone :(. I had scheduled the birthday party and the baptism for the convenience of getting it done all in one weekend, but I guess I underestimated the toll it would take on her. We have more pictures scheduled of just the girls, to be taken next week, hopefully she will be in a much better mood that time around. When we were done with pictures, we went back to the house and put her to bed right away. She slept through the noise of our guests and woke up 3 hours later in a much better mood. Poor thing just couldn't take any more.

I was going to write this next paragraph about her favorite present from her birthday party, but she clearly doesn't have one. She has been playing vigorously with each and every present. I love to see her use her imagination and she has definitley been doing that. This morning she took her Toy Story dolls and used Greta as a mountain, as they all walked/played on her. Good thing that Greta is so laid back, she didn't seem to care. Greta also is a frequent patient of Dr. Lola, now that she has her play doctors kit. When we go in for her 4 month appointment, I am guessing she won't bat an eye when Dr. Tony looks in her ears or uses his stethoscope, as it has become an everyday occurence here :)




No comments: