Thursday, September 2, 2010

I wish time had a tail..

The title of this blog is courtesy of my lil sweetheart of a neice Mickenzie. She quotes a book she read by saying " I wish time had a tail, so I could pull it back" We definitley are feeling that these days. Corey has already started school again and summer is winding down. Time is just slipping away!

Greta is continuing to surprise me by sleeping from 8 or 9pm to 7 or 8 am! I don't even understand how that is possible! The fact that she does it a few nights consecutively is amazing. I am so blessed to be getting my sleep. We have been swaddling her and putting on this sleep sound cd (it's a cd with soft music and a heartbeat noise on it). Not sure which of those things are doing the trick or if its the combination, but its awesome. On the opposite side of that, I pushed my luck and tried to see if the sleep cd would work on Lola. BIG MISTAKE :) My little drama queen was quite freaked out by the heartbeat noise. I turned it on and left the room and she started wailing away. When I came back in the room her eyes were as big as saucers. She yelled "no music, no music!". So we discontinued that promptly.

Lola had her 2 year check up on Tuesday and everything is going well. She is 24.5 lbs which is the 25 percentile and she was 50 percent for height! I was so hoping that some of Corey's height would sneak into our kids, and I am happy to report it appears to be happening! She does not have any new cysts and the one in her hand is completely gone, the one on her chest is still small and isn't changing, so we are watching it. She also doesn't have any hearing damage from the rampant ear infections of last spring. She is a happy and healthy, very active little girl!

Gearing up for a busy weekend with a small party for Lola on Saturday and the baptism on Sunday. My mom and I went shopping yesterday for clothes and food for both occaisons. I got the girls some CUTE things to wear and am so excited to get our pictures taken. Lola has an adorable outfit for her party, that shows off the "princess" she really is :)

Now to get working on the cleaning and organizing and cooking! I am baking a cake for Lola's birthday and trying not to go overboard. I attempted making fondant, and decided that I would only use for an accent becuase its difficult to work with and not exactley the most wonderful tasting thing. I chose buttercream frosting, becuase Lola is a frosting junkie. (she probably won't even eat the cake) Now to get it all together. (without interruptions..impossible :)

Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday weekend!

No comments: