Friday, September 17, 2010

Drama

So Corey read my last two blog posts and tells me that I am full of drama, and that is where Lola gets it (I tell him that she gets her ear peircing scream from him ;)..) but I decided that maybe I am not full of drama, but drama just follows me...

So after our horrible night in the previous post, I was ready to try again, but with Corey along to help me. I figured I could pawn the whole thing off on him, while I tended to Greta. (score one for nursing!) So it gets to be around bed time and I tell Lola to get her pajamas on and head into her room. She does and we get dressed and tucked in. I turn down the lights and wait for the water works, but nothing. We kiss her and say goodnight and she falls asleep instantly. We go downstairs and I tell Corey "you suck" and he says "the night isn't over yet".. but it was, she slept all night just fine.

Fast forward to Thursday afternoon, about 12 oclock. We finished lunch and I am getting Lola ready for nap. I put her in her bed at probably 12:30. My little sleep fighter proceeds to talk/sing in her bed for 2.5 hours before falling asleep! (I am not cruel, she was not upset and crying for 2.5 hours, but just entertaining herself). She finally fell asleep for about 45 min or so. I was thinking this was alright because then she will be super tired for bedtime and we won't have any drama when Corey isn't here.... but like I said I think the drama follows me. Skip ahead to bedtime and we have a very OVER tired 2 year old. I decided to let her watch veggie tales before bed so she would have some quiet time to wind down. Afterwards I tuck her into bed, and proceed to listen to 45 minutes of sobbing and crying.

About 30 minutes into the sobfest, I texted Corey and told him that he is not allowed to be gone during bedtime hours for the rest of his life ;)

No comments: