It has been far too long since I have updated my blog, and you know how they say "no news is good news" and that is definitely the case here. Lola has been doing extremely well on the Benefiber and we have barely had any screaming at all since we started it. There is still some issues(including not going on the potty) but they are a far cry from what we had been dealing with. The new concern is that Lola's appetite seems to have taken a dive. I know this is normal in growing children, but I have some concern that the Benefiber is possibly making her feel full and not want to eat. I saw the doctor for a check up for myself on Friday and asked his opinion. He wanted to have her come in for a weight check, so we did that quickly on Monday. She weighed in at a whopping 28.2lbs ;) I know the last time she was weighed she was 28 something or other, so she must have not lost a lot. I am thinking it has been maybe a half a pound in the last 2 months or so. She goes in for her 3 year appointment on Tuesday next week and we'll see where we are at that point.
Yes! 3 years old already, I can hardly believe it. We celebrated her birthday with a small family party on Saturday and she had a great time and got some super neat presents. She has played heartily with everything she received and talks candidly about how much fun she has with them. I (per usual) spent far too much time and energy on baking and decorating her a cake and swore up and down that next year I will buy a stupid store bought cake like everyone else ;). Well, actually this year I did. well sort of. I attempted to create a princess castle cake for her birthday this year and for some reason all of my attempts at making the cake (not the decorating) failed. The cakes literally fell to pieces when I tried to take them out of the pan. This happened twice, finally a mere 4 hours before the party, I called Cash Wise and asked them if they would sell me a two 8" unfrosted round cakes. So actually it was a store bought cake, I just spent 3 hours decorating it and making it look homemade ;)
Anyway, it turned out really well but probably shaved a few years off my life. Procrastination creates wrinkles people, take it from me. Definitely a detailed little bugger. Hopefully I haven't set the bar too high and created expectations for myself that I cannot reach. I'm thinking my children are too young for that, but you never know. Probably the real issue is talking myself out of going nuts with the cake. probably=definitely. I'm working on it. :)
Greta Mae is doing really well lately, having popped her molars through, she is eating, sleeping and generally acting more like herself. She has become a little monkey, climbing up on anything and everything that is elevated. She also has developed a love for chucking things into the toilet. She has thrown everything from toys to cell phones in the bowl and then proudly beams up at you and says "Potty!". It would be super cute if it wasn't so gross.
Her vocab is really expanding, she has added "Thank you", "Milk" and "shhh" in the last few weeks.
The Lola/Greta relationship is also growing. You can definitely tell that the two are very different, but also similar. Lola loves her little sister. I'm sure of it. Even though last week when I told her I was going downstairs to wake Greta, she looked at me and said (in a very sassy voice, I might add) "Greta is adopted". I honestly have no idea where that came from. I am sure she will repeat it and it will come back to me, one way or another!

No comments:
Post a Comment