So I hesitate to write this because I might jinx something. But we might be getting better. Maybe. Sometimes we go through a period of good days before we have an awful few days, but I don't want to be a downer, so I am going to positively think that maybe we're improving. Lola's doctor had told me awhile back that if the Miralax was making her too watery, that I could try Benefiber instead. Well we had backing up issues before I could try it and so I just kind of forgot about it. The Benefiber was in the cupboard but I was focusing more on just getting her all cleaned out. I was still questioning whether the miralax was causing any cramping or burning, so I decided lets try the Benefiber and maybe we'll have some luck. So far, so good. She hasn't screamed barely at all since Wednesday. She doesn't go in the potty (she usually goes in her pull-up after we have put her in bed for the night). But short of her going on the floor, I don't care where she goes as long as she is going pain and fuss free. So we'll keep any eye on things for now, and I have held off calling for a GI referral (my doctor was out of the office last week). I have noticed that things seem to be at a better consistency, so that is positive. We had a great weekend, went to the zoo, spent time at the lake and enjoyed family, so at least we have had a nice relaxing break even if the screaming starts up again. However we are paying for the naps we skipped on Friday and Sunday. Miss Lola's attitude can definitley use some work. Hopefully though after we catch up on sleep we will fall into a better more enjoyable routine.
Here's hoping we are on the other side!

No comments:
Post a Comment