I actually had to go back and read my last post to remember what I had written, its been quite awhile since I've updated. I've been crazy busy with work, MOPS, my two little busy beavers and sleep. My what a post I must write to make up for it ;)
First off, Lola's 3 year appointment went great. The doctor did step us up to 4 teaspoons of Benefiber a day because she wasn't going every day. The doctor was very glad that the Benefiber did not cause the screaming reaction and is hoping that increased amount will do the task as well as the Miralax did. Lola surprised the nurse by being able to tell her correctly what letters were on the eye chart, even though she said that it isn't really required until 4 :) She grew a lot taller and we confirmed she only lost about a half a pound during what I am now referring to as the "great poop debacle of '11". Bottom line is her attitude, demeanor and health are looking good and we are super excited about it.
Greta also had an appointment, her 15 month. She is in the 11th percentile for weight (feel like I should make a banner and fly it over town, I'm so excited) and the 52nd percentile for height (wahoo!). We didn't have any concerns for her at all, she is growing, learning and playing like she should. Three cheers for good health!
At Greta's appointment I brought up to the doctor that I took a beating from the flu shot I got on Tuesday. For some reason after I had it, I was horribly tired and achey and my chest hurt. He said that my immune system might have been down and my body had to work extra hard. I asked him if possibly the sinus infection I had been ignoring for 2 months, might be the cause of my lowered immune system. He agreed and then I proceeded to talk him out of perscribing me antibiotics. I am not really sure why I feel the need to make myself sound healthier than I am, but it did me no favors. I left the appointment kicking myself, and eventually calling the nurse back and telling her yes, I did want antibiotics, and sorry that I am such an idiot. The antibiotics kicked in and the sinus pressure dissapated. A feeling I almost couldn't remember. Unfortunatley the chest heaviness and pain did not, and it acutally got worse. I went back in today and was perscribed a steroid, to hopefully help with my asthma and the tissue swelling in my lungs. Here's hoping they work and I stop getting side aches and feeling like I just can't get air.
On to a lighter note. Lola started "school" last week (ECFE classes) and is super in love with it. Corey has taken her and I have stayed home with Greta. I have to laugh at Greta's silliness when it's just her and I. For the first 10 minutes she wanders around the house yelling "Lola.. Lola... Lola?" When she finally realizes that Lola is gone, she has a hay day, playing with Lola's special princesses, laying in Lola's bed and burying herself in Lola's blankets and b's. Too cute!
No comments:
Post a Comment