Sunday, March 6, 2011

what happened to the weekend?

So we did it! We managed a whole day without a nap for Lola! Sort of a test drive for Mexico :) We left town at 8:30 and made it to the Mall of America around 12 or so. (after picking up Laura ,dropping off our stuff and trying to find a parking space that was not covered in broken glass) Our first thought was to try to go to Underwater World (that's not what it is called anymore, but whatever) before  Lola got too tired. So we headed that way. I decided Corey should take Lola to see the fishes so that I could get some shopping done (convenient huh?) She talked about the fishes all morning and was so excited. So we left them to the fishes and headed to Old Navy. About 5 minutes later we received a phone call that Corey and Lola were already coming to meet us. Lola came around the corner a few minutes later with big crocodile tears and a huge pouty lip. She jumped into my arms and buried her head in my shoulder. Apparently they got in line to see the fishes and she ran into a corner and started bawling and asking for her mommy and her auntie Laura. I asked her if she wanted to see the fishes with mommy and she said no. Oh well, at least we saved $18 bucks. Then realization hit, she's probably starving.. it is almost 1pm and all she had was some banana bread and some Elmo crackers in the car. We headed to the zoo (aka the food court) and got her something to eat, she was much better after that. She had a lot of fun on the 3 rides we took her on and had very few tantrums for the rest of the day. Also if you'll note, the last time we went to MOA, she threw up in the car on the way home. We had none of that, so I consider it a successful journey. Even without a nap, she managed just fine.

Greta also did very well. In fact I can't really remember her crying the whole time we were there. She only took a short nap, but was still pretty happy all day. She did however NOT sleep well at night, which Auntie Laura and I can attest to. I am absolutely shot today, having got maybe 5 hours of sleep, and that was interrupted by Miss Lola talking in her sleep about potatoes. (it might have actually been her singing the Veggie Tales theme song, but I can't be too sure).

Greta has been pulling herself to standing like a crazy person lately. She is not graceful at getting back down to the floor unfortunately. A purple bruise popped up on her cheek today :( just in time for a doctors appointment on Tuesday. I am excited to see if she has grown since we have started supplementing with formula. She feels heavier to me, but it might just be my imagination. I am just hoping for a little weight gain, and for her to stay on the charts. (start small ;). 

Unfortunately this evening as I was changing Greta's diaper, I found a small yellow button in it. Yes, she had eaten it at some point. Honestly I cannot even imagine where she got it. We don't have anything that would have yellow buttons on it. Wondering maybe if while we were shopping she pulled it off a shirt or something? I am totally clueless. So scary how she sticks everything in her mouth. We could have a tally of things found in her diapers, but it makes me look like a horrible mom :(. 

On a happier note, Greta learned to clap this evening. Totally adorable. She looks at Lola and copies her with such shining smiley eyes. She also claps if I ask her to, even without showing her how. I forget how fun these milestones are!





I want to take a second to thank Ikea, for making me feel like I'm not a complete idiot. Corey was gone today and this step stool I bought at Ikea yesterday was staring at me. I really really really wanted to use it. So I attempted to put it together. Success! And it's not even rickety or wobbly. It's super nice. I had to attach a picture. (My two favorite purchases from yesterday! The stool and a pair of sandals for Lola, like fake Teva's :) The stool is super tall, so she can actually reach to wash her hands and brush her teeth! And only $14. Can't go wrong.



No comments: