Thursday, March 24, 2011

Craziness

Well T-minus one day and counting. We'll be leaving for the cities tomorrow afternoon! I am a little too frazzled and scatterbrained to be excited right now. I am probably 80 percent packed, but all the little details still need to be dealt with.

Unfortunately we had to make a quick doctors visit today, which put me behind. Greta has thrown up twice this week and had 2 bouts of diarrhea. The doctor put her on Pedialyte for 24 hours to deal with her dehydration and then on a special formula for her stomach. We tried the Pedialyte tonight and she would only drink 2 ounces. :(
 Hopefully the longer her stomach feels better the more she will drink. (it was even apple flavored.. I can't do any better than that!) I am seriously frustrated over her formula issues and really wish she had continued nursing. I probably should have tried harder to get her to continue, but it was so frustrating pushing her to eat. The more stressed and frustrated I got, the harder it was. (just adding to the mom guilt!)

It was nice at the doctors office when my doctor said what I have been thinking for the past month.. which is "She is such a sweet, good tempered little girl, but she is STUBBORN". My sentiments exactly. I am waiting to see what misfortunes this brings in the terrible twos :(

Speaking of terrible two's... will someone please tell me that a child who is difficult at two is an easy teenager? Please lie to me, and tell me it's true. Lola had two enormous fits today, one at the Library because she wanted to check out books. (I didn't have my library card or my drivers license) and another when it was time to leave her cousins house. She was doing so good for awhile, then it went back to being worse.

Oops sorry, I lost my train of thought. I just remembered something I need to pack. Anyway, I am ready to leave this frozen tundra, and hopefully the tantrums will stay here too.

Corey decided since we are going to be gone next week that it wasn't worth plowing out the driveway from the 6 inches of snow we got :) He figures that by the time we get back, it will all be melted (fingers crossed).  After getting stuck half way up and then having to hoof it with 2 girls and 4 bags, I am more than ready to be in the warm sun.

sayonara Snow!


Lola in Cozumel '09

Cozumel '09

No comments: