Thursday, March 10, 2011

Toofers (finally!)

Finally! My little Greta Mae got a tooth! It's not visible at this point, but its there and very sharp. Hoping this will aid us in fattening her up a little bit because we should be able to feed her some more solids. Break out the T-bone steak! Ha, ok, well break out the cheese and bread I guess.


I suppose I should back up and comment that on Tuesday we had Greta's 9 month appointment. In my last post I said I was hoping for the 10th percentile for weight. Unfortunatley we didn't hit that. She is currently the 6th percentile for weight and the 8th percentile for height. Darn it all anyways! I know its silly to wish for a chubby baby, but I do. The doctor isn't worried right now because she is still on the chart, and her head growth is good. She is also hitting all her milestones and is a bit ahead for her age, so he doesn't feel she is under nourished. He also noted that she is super active and doesn't stop moving, so she is burning mega calories. I try to keep offering her bottles and food, but sometimes she just doesn't want it. She is also easily distracted.

Despite not being worried about her weight, the doctor does want her to come back in a month to weigh and measure her again. Hoping a few days on a Mexican beach will help her pack on the pounds, I know it will for me ;)

Lola could stand to gain a few pounds as well, she lost about 2.5lbs after we cut back her milk consumption. Not really that worried about her though, she eats like a champ most days. (again I suppose she is pretty darn active, maybe that's why my house looks like a disaster area most days)

She really is cracking me up lately. A few nights ago we were playing on the couch and she snuck Corey's cell phone out of his pocket. She was playing around with it, and Corey says "Hey, why are you playing with that? You have a phone of your own, where is your phone?" She turns and looks at him and says with a little sass in her voice "it's in my hand" :)

She also created a new stall tactic for bed time. She uses the usual, "I need a drink" and "where is my blanket" ones, but nowadays she has started praying by herself before bed. She skips the old "Now I lay me" prayer and wants to ad lib. Unfortunatley she has created the marathon prayer that lasts foreeeeeeeveeeeerrr. She goes through our list of extended family members about 5 times praying for each one. Cute, but frusterating after about 5 minutes. Plus, try telling her to stop praying, or to cut it short. It just sounds and feels wrong. Sort of like when she wants to sit on the potty AGAIN or brush her teeth forever. Not an easy thing to ask her to stop doing. Smarty pants always picks the tough ones to police ;)

In other news, the stress has finally made me crack. Kidding. I think. I developed a weird eye twitch last Sunday that won't go away. I started wearing my glasses again, which I haven't worn in 3 years, thinking it is just from eye strain. Hoping it goes away soon, because my next options are getting more sleep (yeah right) or cutting back caffeine (not gonna happen).



No comments: