So it's been a loooong week. What's that? It's only Wednesday? Crap.
The Nelson household has seen better days. I updated my facebook status last Thursday to rant about a creepy dirty old lady touching my girls faces and hands in Walmart and predicted a germ infestation. Unfortunately I was right. Greta got upper respiratory nastiness on Friday. I think it might have been festering long before the Walmart ladies touch, because the last time she slept more than 3 hours in a row was the Sunday before.
I started suspecting an ear infection Sunday night, when she was only sleeping for 45 minutes at a time. For those of you who haven't experienced this type of wakening, or experienced it way too long ago, this is how it goes. Put the baby down for the night, go to brush your teeth, wash your face, change into pajamas and lay down in bed. Just as your eyes get heavy, you hear crying and have to get up. You get up and get the baby and spend 20-30 minutes calming them. Put the baby back to bed and use the restroom, blow your nose and climb back into bed. Toss and turn for a few minutes to get comfy again. Eyes get heavy- crying starts again. Seriously this goes on all night. Monday night wasn't any better, she slept from 11-1:30 and that was IT. Ugh. Tuesday night I got a 3.5 hour stretch that felt like heaven. Tonight I am hoping for even better... not only are we on day 2 of the antibiotic but I put some garlic oil in her ears (can't hurt right?)
As much as all of that is encouraging, my little Lola started coughing tonight and sounds a little hoarse. My prediction is by Friday she will be miserable. Hopefully she will continue sleeping well though, so I can get some energy back. Your whole life pretty much sucks when you are sleep deprived. Not only is your mood not so pleasant, but your body kind of gives up on you.
So now that Greta is feeling a little better she has really been on the move. She scoots around the whole house and wishes she could keep up with Lola. The only bad part is that she sticks absolutely EVERYTHING in her mouth. I'm not talking just little toys that are choking hazards, but she will literally find chunks of cat hair and shove them in her mouth (doesn't say much about my cleaning abilities does it). Lola never did this kind of thing when she was little. I realize now how lucky we were. Two ends of the spectrum I think.
Lola is continuing her "pretend play" and dresses up in costumes all the time. She loves her Cinderella dress and her sparkly shoes, her crown and her Jessie hat. She dresses up Greta, the cats and mommy too. She's such a talker, learning new words every day. It's fun to hear her learn how to use them too. Just yesterday when Corey was whistling at her, she started yelling "Daddy, stop songing!" So cute.
Lola has also become a huge fan of stickers. I used this to my advantage a few weeks ago when she was interested in potty training. Unfortunately she has since decided she wants nothing to do with the potty. Hopefully we didn't miss our window of opportunity and she will come back to wanting to try again.
Well I am starting to think I had better head to bed, I am still unsure if this is going to be a better night or not, and I'd rather err on the side of caution :)
No comments:
Post a Comment