Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Muah! Love and Kisses

The Nelson household had a great Valentines day, ahem or week. :) Corey had class Monday night so I didn't get to see him that day, but when I went to get Lola some crackers out of the cupboard there was a mysterious box with my name on it. I opened it to reveal a Kindle! I have been wanting one before we go to Mexico and it was a terrific surprise. We spent the afternoon with cousins and Lola got some cool new singing Beauty and the Beast shoes, now dubbed "Valentine shoes".

Both girls are starting to get over their colds I think. Greta started sleeping through the night on Saturday and has continued since then. 4 nights in a row, might be a record for her. I'm LOVING it and hoping it continues! Greta did develop a pretty scary sounding cough but she is already on antibiotics so I am guessing there isn't much to do for her, but wait it out. Lola has a slight cough and a little bit of a runny nose, but its disappearing. Because Lola was sick over the weekend, I let her relax and well, watch a lot of movies. Unfortunately she has been pretty demanding and thrown a lot of temper tantrums- I can't figure out if she is still sick or the TV has gotten to her head. Hopefully we can wean her off of it now that she is recovering.

Greta must be working on some teeth because she can't stop running her tongue over her gums. Even when eating her tongue seems to get in the way. Hopefully those suckers will just pop through already! She wants so badly to eat some solid foods and not having any teeth is definitely holding her back. I'm wondering if she is holding out for Mexico, so she can grow her teeth in a different country like her sister ;) Certainly makes it easy to remember for the baby book!

There are 2 situations in the past week that I can look back at and LAUGH about. Lola has been quite silly lately and every time I think about these 2 conversations, I can't help but smile. The first one was about a week ago when she was on the phone with her Grandma Judy. The conversation had shifted to what Lola had eaten for supper. She started listing just about everything she has ever eaten in her life, then she summed it up by squinting her eyes shut, raising her voice an octave and saying "and CORN DOGS!" with a Boston accent (or something that made it sound like coooorn dawgs). It really was very silly. The next one happened last night. For some reason she leaned over the couch put her hands under her chin and put on her saddest puppy dog look and said "Daddy...I want a donut". We hadn't been talking about donuts, I don't even know the last time she had ever even eaten a donut. Craziness...but it made me want a donut too :)


Valentine shoes

smiles in the tub

No comments: