Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The finer things in life

This evening I had a great time with my girls. Lola was in a goofy funny mood and very talkative and Greta just wanted to be held. So I pulled Greta onto my lap and we watched Lola dance around and laugh and talk and sing. She has such an enthusiastic little personality. Everything is such a big deal! Its so funny to watch her and listen to her made up stories. This morning on the way into daycare she told me that "Dr. Tony is sleeping, in a tree. Dr. Tony is hiding".  This is completely out of nowhere. We weren't talking about the Dr, or shots or being sick or anything. I wish I knew how her little mind works...

After we got home from daycare, I went to the back of the van to get her out of the carseat and told her we could go in and get her milk, a banana and the juice she had asked for earlier. She said "Thank you mama, I am so so happy". It almost brought tears to my eyes.It really is something else when you hear your child tell you that they are happy. Even if it is just over beverages :)

As I am sitting here reliving this happy mommy-moment, I got a whiff of something. So I look over at my shoulder. Yep, dried spit up all over, that I didn't notice til now (almost 2 hours since Greta has been in bed). Gross.

Good thing kids provide wonderful sweet enjoyment, because sometimes its just plain disgusting ;)

No comments: