Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ups and Downs

So life continues to go so fast! My baby will be 2 on Sunday and most days I can't believe it! (Some days she'll say something that brings me right back to present day.. :) Here are some of my favorites from the past few days...

Lola: I pooped!
Me: Okay, I'll be right there (finish what I am doing)
Me: Did you really poop?
Lola: Nope
Me: Are you sure, or are you lyin?
Lola: ROAR

-------------------------------------------------------

Me: Do you remember Lily? She's coming to play today...
Lola: Nope
Me: Are you sure you don't remember her? We went swimming last time she was here.
Lola: No
Me: We went to the pool at daddy's work, remember?
Lola: NO MOM I DON'T!

(that probably doesn't sound as funny as it was in person, she doesn't usually speak in full sentances, and that one was for SURE a full sentance :) she was so annoyed with me)

---------------------------------------------------------

Me: I have to get some stuff done this morning... I have too much to do.
Lola: Shower
Me: I need to take a shower?
Lola: Yes. Yes. YES

-----------------------------------------------------------

We are still doing well with the cloth diapering, and we've even had a few messy ones, but I am still positive and confident that we can do it. Yesterday when I went to change her diaper, I took the cloth one off and took out the disposable, and Lola crossed her knees and said "NO NO NO!" (sadly I only have one cloth diaper so I had to put her in the disposable anyway)

I think the cloth ones are actually maybe helping her in the potty training area. I haven't been pushing her at all because I think she is too young and she will tell me when she is ready and she is slowly making progress.

Today after nap, I went to change her diaper and as I was pulling out a new one, she said "potty?". So I told her to go sit on the potty while I found her a change of clothes. A few minutes later she came running in and yelled "YAY Lola potty!".  Surprised, I went in the bathroom to see if she had gone. Sure enough she had gone, but not in the potty. She went on the floor in FRONT of the potty :) But I think she understands the concept now anyway and that is good, just have to work on the execution :)

No comments: