I've decided to try my hand at keeping up with a blog.. something I have always wanted to do, but never been able to follow through with.
Life has been pretty busy this summer and it has really flown by. I can't believe we are to the half way mark of August already. We have Greta's two month appointment on Tuesday. Two months already!
Yesterday I witnessed a really sweet moment between my girls (which are few and far between as Lola is still adjusting :) I had Greta in my lap and Lola came over and got to eye level with her and said "Hi there Greta!" in this sing songy voice and Greta's face just broke out into a smile. This was one of the only times that I have seen Lola interact with Greta and I can tell that Greta's big smile was the positive reinforcement that Lola needed. Later when Greta was laying on her blanket on the living room floor, Lola brought her some toys and shook a few in front of her face, which was also a sweet gesture. (We'll leave out the part about how later she hijacked them all and wouldn't give them back..lol)
We are starting to gear up for Lola's birthday and Greta's baptism. I ordered Lola's gift this past week (a kitchen set from Wal-mart) and am really excited for her to have some new things to play with. I feel like we have been stuck inside alot this summer either because Greta was napping or because its so hot (Lola is like her daddy and overheats waayyy to easily). This week the temps are supposed to be a little on the cooler side so hopefully that will mean some more time in the sun.
Well thats all the time I have for now- we have some visitors here (mom and dad's new kittens) so I have to play cat referee :)
No comments:
Post a Comment