So yesterday was Greta's 2 month appointment.. where the dreaded shots take place. I was NOT looking forward to it because Greta is such a good little girl, I for some reason saw this turning her into a crier or non-sleeper. (oh the fears we mom's have) Anyway I packed up the girls and took Lola to play with her cousins and went to the doctor. After the exam and some joking between the doctor and I about body-builders and breastmilk, she had her shots. She did really good! She cried pretty hard but not for long. The kicker is that, she went to bed at 9pm and didn't wake up again until 8am (actually I had to wake her up). I hesitate to write that, as it will probably be a jinx or something lol. Anyway Lola had some fun with her cousins and I'll try to post the video of her singing with Kenz. TOO CUTE.
I am impatiently awaiting my first trial run with cloth diapers (I know.. I am CRAZY). I just can't stand the thought of hundreds of diapers sitting in a landfill for 500 years. (that's how long it takes for a disposable diaper to disappear) Corey says there is no way he is dealing with cloth diapers, so I might be on my own for this little adventure. Unfortunatley cloth diapers cost about $20 a diaper, so we will have to move slowly into it if that is the option I decide to go with. If it turns out to be a huge disaster and we have leaks all the time, then I'll swallow my eco-guilt and go back to disposables, but it can't hurt to try I guess.
We are getting closer and closer to Lola's 2nd birthday (time goes waayyy to fast). Yesterday I was asking her how old she was going to be. She kept saying "five!" and holding out her hand. It took me about 20 minutes to convince her that turning 2 would be just fine :) kids... always wanting to grow up so fast :)
No comments:
Post a Comment