Lola and Greta had a party at choir last night. Lola wolfed down a handful of m&ms and a candy cane before she ran off to practice singing with Kikee (this has relevance later).
Anyway after practice we headed home. As we pulled into the driveway Lola announced her "tummy hurt". I chalked it up to the treats from the party and the Christmas cookies we'd baked earlier
Lola stepped into the house and exclaimed to her dad who was on the couch watching basketball "I hate the smell in here- it smells like beans!!l" From that point on we figured it was sugar overload and being tired that was the problem. We sent them to bed a little early and went downstairs to relax. Not long after - we heard the pitter patter (or the stomping of elephant feet) down the steps, Greta was stalling and couldn't sleep. We pleaded and warned and threatened, -um I mean - gave consequences and finally got her back in bed. I was in the bathroom brushing my teeth when all of the sudden corey darted up the stairs..and what I heard next I'll paraphrase.
Corey- what's going on up here??!?
Frantic screaming
Corey- what's happened???
Hysterical screaming
Corey: I need assistance Lissa!!!!!!
Greta: Lola ..threw..up...in my ...eye!!!!!!
At this point I decided I should probably go upstairs. I rounded the corner to utter chaos.
I have never in my life seen Greta so freaked out. She is not a calm child in stressful situations by any means, but I truly think she thought she was going to die. She was alternating between raging mad at Lola and horribly terrified about the vomit in her eye and on her skin. I turned on the bath and got her undressed and then glanced at Lola who really of course had the worst of it. She was literally covered in it, on her hair, back, stomach, face, arms- you name it- chocolatlely vomit everywhere. Gross. Luckily because of my thrush I haven't really been able to eat anything because I wouldn't have been able to keep it down anyway. I started to get Greta cleaned up and went through the process of getting Lola ready to get in the bath. Greta was still screaming like a mad woman, her whole little body shaking, while Lola just sat and stared at the wall, in shock and still half asleep. I got Lola undressed and into the bath and then something peculiar happened that was totally unexpected. When Lola got into the bath Greta totally flipped out, she was still so mad at her sister- she didn't want Lola anywhere near her and kept squealing "get her away! She's too close-- yuck!" She is normally the clingy annoying younger sister that is always bugging Lola, so to see it the other way was quite amusing except I felt so bad for Lola. I was also tired of the drama of the screaming so I finished washing Greta and got her into bed. Corey talked to her about the importance of staying in her own bed and how if she did, maybe she wouldn't get vomit in her eye ;) she went back to bed and for the most part stayed there. We got Lola set up in her sleeping bag in our room and short of a 2 am meeting with the puke bucket it wasn't too bad the rest of the night ;)
then this morning Lola finally lost that pesky tooth that's been hanging on for dear life this last week!!!



1 comment:
Poor babies...all of you. Been there, done that with Adam when he was young. Some foods did not agree with him so he threw it back from whence it came......Always in Bed. They either outgrow it or refuse to eat it ever again. Hugs to the girls. Aunt Kathy
Post a Comment