Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wake up call

We have had some trouble with Lola's schedule since daylight savings time. We can't quite figure out when to put her to bed to get her to sleep in, without having to deal with a very cranky Lola-Monster in the afternoon.

Most mornings I awake to Lola's pseudo-whispers in my ear asking me if she can get up yet, or if I will turn on the TV. This morning however was quiet different...

I awoke to panicked screaming, Lola's little voice yelling "help! I'm stuck! Help me!" immediately my brain jumped to the worst situation ( think baby Jessica in the well circa 1987 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jessica_McClure )
I yelled back to her in a panic, trying to figure out what types of uncovered holes she might have fallen into in our finished basement. "here, in the cat thing" she screams. I have no clue what cat thing means, so my level of hysteria does not decrease. I dash out of bed and peek into the spare bedroom/my closet. The light is on, but there is no Lola stuck under a cushion or squished behind the futon. I dashed to the next logical cat area, giving the litter boxes a good look. It did not appear that she was stuck in poo or that area. In my last option, I ran into the family room area. I cannot accurately describe the full range of emotions at what I saw. shock, awe, desperation, fear, hilarity and yes, the urge to grab my camera. I however let mama-bear reflex take over and came to my daughters aid instead.

Here is what she was stuck in



She had decided to climb into the cat tree and had gotten her arms and head stuck out the top, while her legs and feet dangled at the bottom. I actually had to calm her down before I could attempt to rescue her, she was really distraught and did not see the humor in the situation at all ( honestly before 6am I didn't see all THAT much humor in it either) I tried unsuccessfully to remove her several times, until finally I just ended up yanking her out as hard as I could ( despite the squeals of pain)
I decided there was no way I was going to end up calling the fire department trying to explain this. She was coming out, whether it pained her a bit or not!! Once she was pulled free, she collapsed on the recliner and in her best dramatic tones said "can I watch TV nOW????"


No comments: