Monday, November 21, 2011

Then Greta hit Lola with a popcorn bowl and split open her head

On Thursday,Corey has class so we keep things pretty low key. Supper is simple, we watch movies, we stay in and try to keep the drama to a minimum. It never works. Something happens so that one or all of us start crying and we want Corey home. This last Thursday was no exception for sure. It was after nap and Lola was playing quietly by herself with her princesses. Greta was playing in the cupboard full of Tupperware and I was enjoying a moment of chaos-free time before everyone gets tired and crabby again. Then Greta took a great big heavy popcorn bowl out of the cupboard and walked over to Lola and chucked it at her head. It made a horrid "thunk" noise and after a half-second pause,all hell broke loose. Lola started screaming,Greta started screaming and I tripped and fell on a tupperware lid trying to get to them. I ran to Lola first to inspect her wounds. She had a major gash in her forehead and a goose egg on the back left side of her head. I eventually pried her off of me and went to put Greta on a time out. Putting an 18 month old on a time out is necessary but useless. She cried and fussed and then got down from the chair confused by why she was even up there. Then I spent the next 20 minutes trying to get Greta to say "sorry" because that is what Lola insisted has to happen after you hurt someone. I got Greta to mumble something sort of like "slurpie" and put on a movie so that Lola could rest and recover from her wounds.

If you ask Lola about it, this is what she will tell you happened. "I was playing princesses and Greta came and threw a popcorn bowl at me and we both cried and she went in time out and then i watched buzz and woody 3." :)

No comments: