So Lola has taken to not drinking milk pretty well. She barely even asks for it anymore. Sometimes it comes out of her mouth without her even knowing it I think, but she doesn't throw fits or get upset when I tell her she can just have water. Funny how she can go from loving something so much and it being a part of her every day life, to barely remembering it exists ;). Her diaper issues seemed to be disappearing and so we will continue the no milk routine for now. The first few days without milk, she ate a HUGE amount of food. I'm talking, every five seconds "I want to eat". That has settled down now, and she started eating a normal amount of food. (Thank goodness, I was going to go broke trying to keep her stocked with fresh fruit!)
Lola has started "using the potty". I put quotations around that because she doesn't really understand what going to the potty is all about. She doesn't feel an urge to go, but rather comes in when I do, and goes. Which is fine and dandy, but I am running out of M&M rewards :) No pressure from me, cuz I a okay with her doing it when she is ready but it sure was nice to only wash 2 diapers yesterday. I try to remember that kids are all different and comparing them is futile but sometimes the insecurity monster sneaks up and asks "What if she NEVER wants to potty train?" or more like "What if potty training is a horrible awful struggle?" I try to stay calm and remember that its not an issue until it IS an issue,and it might never be. AND as every 40+ aged mother tells me, my son/daughter is 15 and not in diapers, so don't worry!
Another insecurity I have been feeling lately is Greta's weight. I was really hoping to have a chubby baby. I had the cute little one that everyone said "oh she's so tiny!" so I wanted to have a big chubby baby who had michelin man legs and roly poly arms. When we went to Greta's 6 month appointment she only weighed 14lbs 5 oz. She was only up a pound and some change from her 4 month appointment. The doctor assured me that she is just a very active baby (which she is- I should try to get video of her doing her push ups!) But here it is a month later and I don't think she has gained any more. She doesn't nurse for very long and seems a bit fussier lately. Not sure if she is going through some teething or still battling a cold, but its frusterating. She doesn't seem to be very interested in nursing either, she only wants solids. I have been told this is very common and to do the exact opposite of what you think you should do. (feed more solids to keep them full). Apparently I need to cut down the solids and bulk up nursing. So I guess we'll see how that goes over the next few days.
I feel like my girls problems always come in two's. Head injuries, painful toe/feet. dirty diaper issues. and now FOOD issues. Sort of feeling like I have twins ;)
Starting to also think about when I should move Greta into Lola's room. She is starting to look uncomfortable in the pack and play and I don't really want to move the crib. She is also waking up 2 or 3 times a night and I am wondering if the bed is just uncomfortable. Maybe I'll try Friday night when Corey is around to help me and just dive right in. Here's praying we don't end up with SLEEP issues before the week is done!
Cute thought from my sweet little Lola: Grandma Judy asked her if she had seen Nemo, Lola said yes, she wants to watch it! Grandma asks what is Nemo, is he a chicken? Lola says "NO! Nemo isn't a chicken, he's a hamburger!" (I truly don't know- but it was adorably funny and cute)
I love it, insecurities and all!
No comments:
Post a Comment