It all started out like a normal Thursday. Lola had preschool and she was supposed to have a field trip. I was running late because they were going to be walking outside and I attempted to put her hair in pigtails and it wasn't working and it was bugging me, and I kept re-doing it, so we were late, also I took time to eat yogurt with strawberries and granola. Then when I got to the location of the field trip, they decided the weather was iffy, so it became a regular preschool day, so I had to drive her to her school across town, making us more late. Plus, we were driving one of my dad's fleet cars because my van was in the shop (getting new brake pads, rotars, tie rod, and EGR valve- say good-bye to my weekend IKEA fund :( but anyways) so we were all struggling a little bit with just about everything. After we dropped Lola off, Greta and I decided to run to Target to get a few
We headed back to preschool to pick up Lola, she was happy and excited to tell us about her day at school. We drove to Corey's work for water aerobics and enjoyed some exercise at the pool. Our workout was shorter than usual but still pretty good. When I got the kids loaded in the car to go home, I got a text saying the van was ready to be picked up, I glanced at the clock noticing it was close to 1pm and I hadn't fed the kids lunch. We breezed through McDonald's on the way back to my dad's work to pick up the van. I herded the kids into the lunchroom, set them up with their happy meals and lugged their car seats and all the junk we accumulated in less than 24hrs from the borrowed car back to the van. I scarfed down my chicken nuggets, smoothie and another chocolate chip cookie and coerced the kids back into the van to drive home. Lola was NOT happy to get back into the van. She wanted Grandpa's cool car back. I couldn't understand what the big deal was. Just last night she had said in her bedtime prayers "Dear Lord, Thank you that we could ride in Bapa's car, even though it was hot and stinky" (Only a four year old would say that a brand new car with less than 30 miles on it was hot and stinky, compared my van that smells like feet. In my defense, the van smelled like feet when we bought in 2010 and I cant get rid of the smell, it just gets worse when it gets hot out. ugh) Anyway, we drove home and I put Greta down for her nap. Lola and I went downstairs for quiet time. Lola was working on an activity book and I was stuffing and folding my clean diapers. And this is where it gets a little fuzzy.
She asked me a question. I answered. I decided to bring the clean diapers upstairs to put on the kitchen table. I stood up. I felt dizzy, I had another thought about something completely dumb and unrelated and then nothing. Complete blackness. I fell forward into the coffee table into diapers. The blackness starts to turn into fuzzy and I can hear Lola in the darkness ask "Mommy, what are you doing?" I can't move, I can't speak, I can't do anything. I want to tell her I can't do anything. I want to tell her I'm being silly. I don't know what. My arms start twitching, shaking. I start to get some feeling back, then slowly I can move my arms and I straighten myself back up on to the couch. I look at Lola, still dizzy. " I don't know what Mama's doing" I tell her. "That was weird". I slowly stand up and wipe up the glass of water I spilled on the coffee table. I turn on the TV for Lola and go in the other room and stare at the wall. I don't know what to think. Did that just happen?
I'll skip the boring parts here and jump to the basics, I made an appointment with my doctor the next morning. We scheduled blood work, and EKG, and an echo. Most of the blood work came back good, I'm not anemic, everything looks good, they are waiting a few more tests yet, the EKG was normal and my echo test is on Wednesday. The hope is this was sort of a random fluke. As you can see from the above, I did not eat the healthiest of diets on that day, and this may have just been a warning that I need to watch my sugar intake and my nutrition. All of the signs are at this time pointing to that outcome. Personally I have in the past experienced dizziness (just never actually gone down) and it runs in my family, so its not that shocking, and I'll stick to that plan for now.
Now to the second part. The yucky part. So this whole thing happened in front of my little Lola-bean. She had to witness me taking out the coffee table face first (which by the way, the Dr. says would have broken my nose if I hadn't fallen into some very soft cloth diapers!), So we are not sure exactly what caused this, and we are not sure that it won't happen again. I sat down with Lola and showed her how to use the "talk to text" feature on my iPhone. I think she has gotten it down, but after we tried it, she got a little frustrated and a little scared. Also, her little baby voice doesn't pick up so well. I had her try saying "Call Bapa Russ" or "Call Daddy" (which by the way is awkward, because that means I had to rename Corey to "Daddy" in my cell phone), which works out OK, except if she doesn't enunciate well it comes out with "Face time with Sarah Coles" or "Call Lynn Travaglio". So this is when you, my blog readers come in. If by some bizarre reason, you happen to receive a phone call from my number and you think its a butt dial or you think you hear a little Lola on the other end, can you take a minute and verify that she is ok? Just a quick second? Probably she is fine and she just stole my phone while I am in the shower and she is trying to play angry birds, but just double check for me. I'll try to make sure I keep my phone close. Muah. Thanks! I'll update as soon as I get the echo results!
2 comments:
I love your little sweetie! I hope that doesn't happen again and everything comes back just fine on your tests.
Praying for you!!!! Let me know if you need anything!!
Post a Comment